3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A quest for the perfect hunting seat...continues!  (Read 4514 times)

Offline str8jct

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A quest for the perfect hunting seat...continues!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
I have a Magnus pack rack or rack pack or whatever its called.  It similar to the waldrop.  It doubles as a pack frame.  I have used it on both accounts with no complaints.  I also have a sling type seat from fanatic outdoors that is very comfy.  I have also used a seat from Big Game, not sure what its called.  The tree strap is kinda short and wont fit big trees.  As far as my favorite I would go with the fanatic over the Magnus only because it work on any slope, but you don't need a tree for the Magnus so it may be a toss up.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
I've used the Niftseat for years...my boys go numb on me after 2 hrs... And that is with a foam pad on a belt and loop

The other challenge I've had is that once I've sat the seat for a hour or so, I cannot for the life of me get the "sticks" to unscrew till I get where I have a set of channel locks.

I've put teflon washers between the seat and first stick, lubed, everything...I get it together for the first sit, it's together till I get to the truck and a set of channel locks!  :(

From specs and pics, the Waldrop seems way too close to the ground for this old arthric 34" inseam legged buggar!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
I've been using the Torges seat for many years and what I like about it is it is very easy to throw over your shoulder and can use on almost any tree. I also added a piece of padded carpet because it makes it easier to sit longer. I agree it's probably not the most comfy but it is just as comfy as most tree stand seats and the convenience of taking it any where for me far out weighs any negative aspects.  I like the tie off method previously described and I may make my next one slightly larger as well.

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
TTT
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
I have a nift-seat too and it is a very good seat but not for 4 or 5 hours, The best I have found is the tree seat by Millinium it is on sale in LL Bean for 63 bucks or so and free shipping,, this is the seat you can sit for hours in and never be uncomfortable at all, I use it moose hunting and for whitetails, It is the most comfortable seat out there with out a doubt.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
Sounds like you are leaning towards the Waldrop,lean harder. They are worth every hard earned dollar you are going to spend for one......

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
Comfortable,light,versatile,and packable.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
My one and only concern with this seat is the black color. The tubing is olive drab,wish the webbing was also. A little spray paint is going to take care of that for next year.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Hey Craig....did you add some foam padding to the top bar?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
TRA has a seat/pack combo that looks pretty interesting.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Ron,
    I did,and on the rear legs also. Top bar is padded if I lean it against a tree, legs are padded to keep it quiet. I slipped that camo pad in between the lacing until I spray it up.

Craig

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
I guess I have to bite the bullet and order one, I tried the other day and got a machine, they might be out of town. I should have just ordered one at Denton Hill! Heck I even sat on one down there at Fred's booth!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
I've told you guys before what the lightest, most comfortable hunting seat is, but no one seems to be listening.

I own a Nifty Seat and it's good for still hunting where you stop and use it for a half hour or less. I have one of the first pacseats crafted by Squirrelbait and it's a good solid, comfortable chair. Got a Magnus Rackpack and it's the best for transporting my double bull and seconds as a cool seat.

Now, the best of the best is the Hammock Seat sold by Fanaticoutdoors. Weights less than two pounds and folds up into a super easy package with it's own stuff bag. Hang it on your belt loop and be off. I used it for the past few days and never once got uncomfortable. It's the best piece of hunting equipment I've bought in a long time. You'll love it if you decide to purchase one. Good luck!

Oh, almost forgot, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that if you receive your Hammock Seat and don't like it, they'll refund your money.
N/A

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
I sure like my waldrop that I have. You can strap your extra clothes to the back and off you go.

I got this ole gal off the ground just this week.

doug77

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
I use the Niff-T-Seat. I have2 of 'em, I agree with Doc Nock, the pipes are a bugger to unscrew, so I keep one set low, one withthe longer pipe. Easy to carry, I just tuck it in the suspenders of my fanny pack, its out of the way, quiet and doesnt interfere with shooting if Im walkin and want to shoot a few judos, or in the extremely rare event I might actually walk up on a deer.

I find the best setup is whereyou have a tree you can lean against. I can sit on it for a good while, but with no ack support, I dont last long. Good overt all seat. I like the looks of that Waldrop seat, but at that price, not gonna happen.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
The problem I have with the Nitfy seat is that sometimes my feet come off the ground and I fall over backwards. Also, sitting in it for a long time motionless can be difficult if I have to change positions for a slow incoming deer. At times it is necessary to move the feet when following a deer in order to keep my balance. For our deer that extra noise and motion can be a deal breaker. I blew a shot at a buck the other night because the deer was moving to my bow arm side and I lost my balance as I was drawing, I felt my feet getting light on the ground just I was releasing and you bet, that is the direction the arrow went as well. Good thing it was a clean miss in front of the deer.  Frustrated, the next day I went out with my left hand and my right hand bow and tried to see if one was better than the other. I had no problem falling backwards with either way, whenever I tried to shoot at anything that required me to twist back towards the bow arm side. A nice lady stopped when she saw me tumble to see if I was alright.  I like Huntmores even better now. Yes they are heavier to carry in, but the walk back to the car doesn't seem as long as it does after hours of steadying my self on the spike chair. I always try to tell myself to keep a tree against my back for support, but it is funny how the situations quite often do not allow me to do that.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
Well I did it ...I ordered a Pac-Seat, a lot of money but if it's as good as everybody says it will money well spent. A bit late for this year but that will give me time to practice with it and got to see what works for me!

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
You wont regret getting a pac seat. I liked mine so much, I bought another. My hunt'n buddy wont leave it alone. Im gonna have to lay down the law and make him buy his own. 8^)

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
I'm with Foxbo.  The Hammock Seat is the most comfortable hunting seat I have ever used.  The only problem with it is you might spook deer because of your snoring.   :biglaugh:   It really is that comfortable.  Check'em out at Fanatic outdoors.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Just got an e-mail ,my pac-seat has been shipped...he must have got behind but that's OK. I'll have in a few days and will plenty of time to get the feel for it.   :wavey:   Merry Christmas to me......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©