3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A quest for the perfect hunting seat...continues!  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Karl Kortemeier

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A quest for the perfect hunting seat...continues!
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
You cannot go wrong with the pac seat.  It is expensive, and I thought I would never own one.  I was hunting with some folks and one of the guys had one.  Its like sitting in a lounge chair, seriously. Its even more comfortable than most of the chairs in my house.  I have the hammock seat, and I made a torges style seat.  These are both great seats also.  I like the hammock seat if I am hiking for more than 3 or 4 miles.  Other than that I will always grap the pacseat.  If you can, find one you can sit in before you buy.

Good luck

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
Thats quite a picture you paint of that dairy farmer Doc!!  :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline ALwoodsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
I just ordered a Millennium M-300 tree seat.  I will see how it works out in a week or so.

Offline HunterLawyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
I used to use a milking stool in the barn, like Doc said. I think walking around the woods with it strapped on would hit brush when you turned, make noise; they also have a spring that is creaky.

But I did think of it...
Howard Hill Wesley Special 68", 55#@29 takedown
Howard Hill Halfbreed 70", 70#@29
Robertson Mystical 70", 66#@29
Chekmate Hunter II 60", 60#@28
Howard Hill recurve 66", 51#@28
Pearson Colt recurve 62", 52#@28

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
Well, my pac-seat finally came today.....a bit late for the end of the season but that's OK. I opened the bow and was really amazed how well made and thought out it seems to be. I have to do some tinkering to put a pack or fanny pack on it...maybe both? I set it up in the living room and sat it it. It's a good thing it doesn't have a head rest ....I'll be doing the ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. next fall on those warm October days   :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Hey, Ron...please bring that seat to the Muzzy next summer.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Dick4bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
I used the Hammock Seat this year.  Extremely comfortable.  As for getting out of it, no problem if you set it high.  I don't have to stand to shoot.  It swings side to side and I don't have any problem with clearance like rigid seats.  I'm going to buy a second one.  It seems that every time I find a great product, they stop making it.  I want a spare!   Dick

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  Bill are you tired already......?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
I've been looking at a product called the Smart Seat for ground hunting. Anyone every try it?
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Get what you pay for IMO. Pacseat while expensive is the perfect mix of comfort and mobility for all hunting occasions. Have yet to find a rocky slope, log filled thicket, or swampy area that my pacseat couldn't set up in.

Yet when the wind changed it was back on my back in a jiffy and off I went to a better set up.

Best seat for me. And I've tried everything under the sun. Believe me.

Spend the money, and your search is over, and you have a product that will outlast your hunting days.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
1/4 away, if your talking about the hunters Smart Seat made in Vermont I have one and have used it for 3 years. It works very well and is light and packable. Well made and very silent. You just have to have the right set up and it's not always possible.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Ron, yep thats the one I was looking at. Thanks for your input.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Hey Ron, based on what I've been reading for the last month or so, you have no trouble falling asleep in the field! There has to be more than 1 deer where you're hunting   ;)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
:saywhat:  I wish sleep was the reason for not seeing deer.........

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Does the Pac-seat  have a weight limit on it? I’m a little chunky and have been known to break a few seats. There is no shame like picking your self up off the ground with a deer watching.

:knothead:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
I'm not sure about the weight.... I think Biggie Hoffman use's one.............He's a big boy!

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Just went to look at the Pac Seat and it says that it is no longer available. :-( I wonder if this is permanent.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Got my Hunter Seat out today to practice for turkey season. Sure is a good seat!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Well, heres mine. So far, so good. Its "Very" comfy. I like it soo much, I might buy another. Cant wait to use it for Mich. deer season, next Fall.  

Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
USN_Sam I sent you a message.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©