3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND  (Read 9978 times)

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
rrowslngr
I hope you have all the parts now.  Let me know what you have or don't.  
Thanks
Dave

I didn't think that this was going to be so difficult.  I apologize for any inconvenience folks but its out of my hands.  Please remember this so that others on the list after you aren't waiting so long.
Thanks for the cooperation in the future.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
rrowslngr
I hope you have all the parts now.  Let me know what you have or don't.  
Thanks
Dave

I didn't think that this was going to be so difficult.  I apologize for any inconvenience folks but its out of my hands.  Please remember this so that others on the list after you aren't waiting so long.
Thanks for the cooperation in the future.

Offline rrowslngr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I got the string yesterday afternoon. Today I shot the bow for the first time. Overall I was really impressed. The bow is very quiet and dead in the hand. I found the bow easy to shoot. I shot my first 5 arrows at 10 yards and all were in the inner 6 inches of the target. I moved out to 20 yards and continued to shoot pretty well for a first shoot.  I shot some of my heavy arrows from my toelke's with 180 grains up front and it liked them. I'm not sure if I like the grip.  The bump on the front side of the bow hits me right in my middle finger and feels wrong for my hand.  It might be designed for someone with real large hands. I'm between a medium and a large glove.  Other than the grip I really like the bow.  I will ship it out to Matt two weeks from today.
43# Hoyt Pro Hunter
50# Ben Pearson
50# Bear Grizzly
55# Bear Grizzly
55# Black Hawk
57# Browning Nomad
57# Wapiti td Recurve
57# Robertson Heritage Longbow

Offline rrowslngr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
Here are a few pics of the bow next to my wapiti.  I took pics next to the wapiti because out of my 11 bows its my only takedown.

Risers

limbs

43# Hoyt Pro Hunter
50# Ben Pearson
50# Bear Grizzly
55# Bear Grizzly
55# Black Hawk
57# Browning Nomad
57# Wapiti td Recurve

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
The grip was designed around being a locator style but can be adjusted to individual likeness. The bumbs on back of handle can be smoother and rounded over if they like. Glad to see you have it all. Look forward to hearing after your two weeks of shooting
Thanks and good shooting

Offline rrowslngr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »
Where is the locator supposed to hit your middle finger. Is it supposed to be above, below, or right across the bump?  I should get a chance to sling some more rrows tomorrow.
43# Hoyt Pro Hunter
50# Ben Pearson
50# Bear Grizzly
55# Bear Grizzly
55# Black Hawk
57# Browning Nomad
57# Wapiti td Recurve

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
I usually have it between middle and index finger but that is my hand.  Some hands may be smaller and could be adjusted to fit smaller hand.  This is a standard style grip for me and like I said can be customized.  
Thanks and good shooting,
Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
did you get a chance to shoot some more arrows?

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
any more updates to post and have you sent the bow out?  Keep posted

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
I'm checking to see if the next person on the list recieved the bow after rrowslngr was done with it?
Thanks
dave

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Come on guys! Some of us are looking for your updates. Isn't that why you have the bows? :-)
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
I am next to receive the bow, so I will post when I get it and what I think.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
I know this may not be the right thing to say but I am disappointed that more people who have test driven the bows have not put reviews up here for others. I know we can sometimes run out of time but if I can take the time out of helping the wife with a then 3 month old baby to write a review of my experience. I would encourage others to write theirs for people to get an idea of such a good bow and bowyer Hitman is.

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
I agree skilonbow! I thought that was the point of the pass arounds. Hopefully they will find time to give honest reviews. I really look forward to reading them!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Thanks guys my point as well and look forward to others reviews as well, whether good or indifferent.  I am always looking for new ideas and concepts from others experience and try to incorporate them into my bows.  All is good whether your ideas are your own opinions or whatever.
Dave

Offline rrowslngr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
Matt the bow is on its way to you.  
I enjoyed shooting the bow and I found it to be well constructed. The veneers on the limbs are stunning. It shoots real quiet and had no hand shock probably due to the heavy riser. The bow feels well balanced. It didn't seem overly picky on arrow weight. I shot medium to heavy arrows out of it with good results.
The limb bolt system works but it was not clear how the rubber washers were to be used. I put one on either side of the limb and I think there was a extra washer or two.  It's trivial but I think there is room for improvement in this area.  Also the back side of the left handed riser where the limbs bolt is not finished as nice as the right handed riser.
Overall I enjoyed shooting the the bow but will not be adding one to my collection at this time. For me my favorite bows (toelke,wapiti, and my David Dowell longbow) all feel like they are part of me.  Even thou I liked shooting the bow and found it easy to shoot, I didn't feel like it was a extension of my arm.  It could be as simple as the grip. For others it may fit like a glove.
Thanks for the opportunity to try it!
43# Hoyt Pro Hunter
50# Ben Pearson
50# Bear Grizzly
55# Bear Grizzly
55# Black Hawk
57# Browning Nomad
57# Wapiti td Recurve

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
I am glad you had the chance to try it and am always looking for that feedback.  I have said folks in previous posts that this is a grip that I started doing in the past year as to fit your life line of your hand.  Is it perfect, no, but it serves a great purpose for consistency.  I have done many styles of handles and can custom to your likings and around measurements that you give.
Dave

Offline rrowslngr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Dave, I realize this is a generic bow meant to fit many hands. I'm 5'7" 185. Large build. Fat palm short fingers. So your grip may fit big guys perfect. I'm short and stocky.  If the finger splitter(indexer) was thinner it might fit my hand better. It felt large which spread my fingers wide and felt odd. I either packed my first and middle finger on top which left my middle finger a inch below. Or split my first and second finger.  Either way it didn't feel right.  
The washer problem could be fixed as simple as glueing them where they go.
43# Hoyt Pro Hunter
50# Ben Pearson
50# Bear Grizzly
55# Bear Grizzly
55# Black Hawk
57# Browning Nomad
57# Wapiti td Recurve

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
I really like that your honest and how you feel about the bow.  As long as I get feedback like this it allows me to add adjustments and also tweak little things here and there.  I am always looking for that and appreciate your honest opinion.  
Dave

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
The risers arrived on Wed. But, not the limbs.

I am trying to track them on USPS tracking.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©