3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND  (Read 9970 times)

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
I sent you a new person and address for the next guy in line.  Hermon has opted out and the next in line shall be next.  
Thanks
Dave

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Got it.

Travis is up next. Will ship on Monday.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Thanks Matt and I had a great time watching your videos and write ups.
Dave

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
Bow on it's way to Travis.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
As always looking forward to the next adventure with Travis.
Good shooting,
Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
Has anyone heard if Travis has recieved the bow yet?

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Any feedback on the bow Travis?

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
He enjoys shooting it so much he's forgotten to post...   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
I wish the folks that volunteered for this pass around would allow folks looking in on this thread to know that they recieved the bow and what they feel about it.  For the future folks please allow us the curtious of knowing when you receive and what you think.
Thanks
DAve

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Right on Dave. Isn't that sort of the point of a pass around? It aggravates me looking in on this thread that people would be so quick to take advantage of your kind offer to shoot your bow for free, but then are unwilling to take the time to do a proper review.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
I agree and if I ever do this again I will have to have some limits on the whole deal.  I hope the rest of the folks here will keep in touch more readily and give there honest feedback.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Dave,

I understand your frustration.

I got the chance to shoot your very fine bow. It was a pleasure and I would highly recommend your bows to anyone.

Was it a big deal for me to post videos of the bow in action, nope. Pictures are easy to post as well.

A simple written review and a notification of the bow being received and sent out is even easier.

Note to others..... If you sign up, please show curtesy to the bowyer and others. Provide info.

Otherwise, the bowyers won't do pass arounds.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Matt
Thanks for everything you have done and said and I will get that bow to you soon as I get the supplies I am waiting on.  I have it ready waiting for the box on the one piece bow.
Thanks
Dave

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
First and foremost to Dave, and then to the rest of you keeping an eye on this thread I must apologize for not responding sooner.  I have been working out of state for the last two weeks and was not expecting to recieve the bow while I was away.  I did not know it was waiting for me until I arrived home yesterday and my wife informed me that I had a package.

Now on to my impressions of the bow.  At first glance it is very appealing.  Normally not a big fan of the "actionwood" type risers, I found the riser on this bow to be very nice, I really liked the contrast.  The limbs are amazing!  The fit and finish was very good.  I assembled the bow today and took it out to my little range.  It was very very smooth on the draw and I really like the brace profile of the limbs on the bow.  Like stated before the bow is a pleasure to shoot and very very quiet!  All of my arrows are a bit stiff for the bow, but I loaded up the front real heavy and had very good results (I usually shoot in the 65# range).  I thought the bow was quiet before, but try throwing a 750 grain arrow out of it and it really is "mouse pissin' on a cotton ball" quiet.

I am very pleased and feel very priveledged to have been able to take part in this and very sorry that I have upset some folks as this is not the way that I conduct myself.  Had I have known that the bow was sent to me I would have just had my wife send it on to the next person in line.  This is the first thing of this sort I have been involved in in the four years I've been a member of this site and it may be the last.

It is a great bow and I enjoyed shooting it very much.  I will get some pics of it up from shooting it tomorrow and will send it on to the next person in line tomorrow after I am finished shooting.

Thank you to Dave and again I'm very sorry if I in any way caused you to have second thoughts about your CHOICE to do such a GREAT SERVICE to those of us here on Tradgang, we are fortunate to have bowyers such as yourself supporting this great site!

Travis House
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
Travis, things like that happen. Thanks for taking the time to put up a review!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Travis' post is exactly the kind of info the bowyer and potential buyers need to know.

Well done, Travis.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
im glad everyone is getting a chance with this bow. I am having major wrist issues and had to drop out. hopefully after my healing is done I can finally shoot a hitman!
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
Travis
No hard feelings and thanks for the review.  It is always welcome to hear from  the folks that have an opportunity to shoot these bows that bowyers let out on these pass arounds.  Yes I have been a bit frustrated but all in all it has been a great ride.  Keep shooting and enjoy all who have left reviews whether favorable or non.  I am always looking for these kinds of feedback as to let me know what others think.
thanks and good shooting,
Dave

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
If caleb is out I guess I'm up next   :bigsmyl:  

If I get it before Saturday I'll take it to the NCTAC shoot in Wilkesboro so it gets some hands-on use from even more shooters. If not, I'll take it to a 3d shoot hopefully so others can try it there.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
The next in line is Bud so I sent a message to Travis and he should be sending it to you.

Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©