3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND  (Read 9961 times)

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
Bow is on its way to Bud will be in NC by Friday.
Enjoy Bud!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Thanks Travis for the review and hope all goes well.
Dave

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
Bow arrived today. I got home at 11pm and saw the box. I have her strung up on the lefty riser.

Fit and finish are 98/100. The finish looks tough and smooth with just a few areas that are not as smooth. The Maple limbs (guessing it's burl Maple) are unbeleivable. VERY NICE wood displayed on these limbs.

The grip for me needs to lose the bump that splits the index and middle fingers. The thumb groove can stay. That flows nicely. For me, the finger divider is off and makes my grip feel weird on the bow. It's enough to distract me mentally when shooting I'm sure. We'll see tomorrow. I happen to be off from work and can give it a grilling.

Draw is smooth from start to my 28-29ish draw length finish. If the riser cut can be more open it'll give a better sight window as it drops down to the shelf. If this is by design for strength then I could live with that. The laminations on the risers are very nice too.

I'll report back sometime tomorrow with a shooting report. If it shoots as good as it looks then it'll be a doozy  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
One more thing...fit of the limbs to the riser is spot on. Nice alignment and snug connection. Very good craftsmanship there for sure.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
After about 30 arrows through the bow and settling on 30.5 BOP GT Trad 35/55s with factory inserts and 145gr tips tailed by Bohning Signature nocks I got this group at 15 yards. Max spread is about 5 inches. The yellow dot in the center is roughly 2.5" in diameter.

If poor shooting me can get that grouping without a good tuning session just think what you good shooters could do with some effort with one of these bows!!

These limbs are marked 53 @ 28. I'm drawing every bit the 28. It feels light for that weight, but, the way it throws the arrows it seems like it's more than 53. I have no scale to measure it. Point being, it draws light but hits hard and fast. The draw is smooth from start to finish with no, NADA, handshock upon release. The bow is somewhat forgiving of a poor release. Trust me, my releases aren't the best nor are they comfortably consistent. The skinny string is starting to show some wear on the top loop. I'll wax it up before going further with it. Noise upon release is there, but not abnormally loud, nor not as quiet as I've experienced with other bows. Again, my release ain't consistent. I'd like to shoot this bow with a B55 string and yarn puffs  just to hear any difference. I'm a B50/B55 fan.

I didn't mess with brace height. Right now it's at 7.5".

I'd still like to see the window opened up just a bit.

FYI...no Allen key was in the package. I'll try to locate one and ship it with the bow.

I'll take it to the NCTAC shoot Saturday and hopefully to two 3D shoots Sunday so several hands can get on it.

I'll try my best to send it out Monday. I'll need the address of the next in line.

Work that handle grip thing out Dave and your Hitman LB will be a hit to its owners!!

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
Good info! I think I am getting close on the list.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
My arrow weight is 445gr which equates to about 8.4gpp. Lighter means noisier.

I'll try some 60-65 woodies soon.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Bud
Yeah that is a little light on arrow weight and try bracing upto 8" with that light arrow.  I think you would notice a bit quieter bow for sure.  I am always looking for that bit of info that others are seeking about the bow and appreciate that.  I will see about the bump area and go from there.  Glad your enjoying the bow.
Dave

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
Two shooters got their hands on it at the NCTAC.

Chime in guys if you want...

Takin' it to a 3d shoot tomorrow.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Bud, I got your PM and replied with my address. I'm very excited to be next up to give the Hitman a test drive!!!
Thom

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
I am glad your finally up sticksnstones.  As you have mentioned you wanted to shoot one of my bows.
Can't wait to hear about your review.
Thanks and good shooting

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »
Looks like I should get it Thursday, and this weekend is the first leg of the Michigan "triple crown". I think the Hitman is going on a field trip    :bigsmyl:

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
Good to hear and look forward to your writings
Dave

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
I'm just as excited about getting this bow in the mail today as I have been for the ones I haven't had to give back!

I also bought an allen wrench last night, the next few shooters won't have to worry about that.
Thom

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
"Fragile Glass" nice touch    :thumbsup:
Thom

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
Nice packing job Bud! Everything is here safe and sound. I know we've all seen these limbs and risers a bunch of times, but why not post a few pics of it on my table?

Notice we have an allen wrench again     :thumbsup:    

It's been said before, but holy cow these limb veneers are even better in real life!

Doesn't look like I'll get to the range tonight, but maybe I'll stretch it out at home a little tonight if time allows
     :archer2:  
Thom

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Thom
Glad it all arrived in one box.  Seems as though it's a good omen.
Thanks and good shooting,
Dave

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
:)

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2012, 06:22:00 AM »
really like the dark gray wood. that would make a nice hunting color.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Hi Kyle, I'll admit I really like that gray actionwood too, especially the one with the black phelonic and footing. It's heavier than most TD longbow risers I've shot, but it just feels nice and solid.

Looks like tomorrow is my day to setup the camera and take some close ups, today I'm off to a big shoot here in Michigan. If anyone sees me there and wants to check this out just give a holler! Taking the lefty riser with me too, just in case.
Thom

EDIT - Might be a busy weekend for Michigan archery, I'll be at the Laingsburg shoot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©