3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND  (Read 9965 times)

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
looking forward to this!!!!
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
So I'm upset I had to work today when the wife emails "what did you buy?" of course I had to think a bit guilty but then realized it was the bow!  Looked great!!! Love the limbs! I had to shoot it right away and w/ my 26" draw still made my 500 gn arrows shake the 3d deer and my box target.  Smooth draw and whisper quiet! Will shoot more this weekend!!
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
Dave - Nice bow!  Are those Mappa veeners stained or natural? I having a bow made now with Mappa veeners and it was good to see a picture.

Ron

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Daves bows are real shooters! I had the pleasure shooting a couple at his club earlier this spring! Excellent craftsmanship!!!!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Ron Vought
Yes those are natural mappa veneers, non stained.
Thanks and good shooting,
Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
The bow is off to its second on the list.  Hope to hear soon on how he likes it.
Dave

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Dave - Thanks for the reply. Mappa wood is very light in nature but I guess the glass darkens it a bit?

Ron

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Great looking bow, I am jealous of those that get to shoot it. Let me know if you need some one with a long draw (31") to test it out!   :rolleyes:  

Love the wood on the limbs.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Ron
The mappa is light in color but with the yellowish epoxy that I use darkens it up a bit.  I really like the way they turned out and getting ready to make another set with a honduran rosewood/purplish cocobolo piece that I have.  I am having my logo burned into the risers and that will add a touch.
I will post once I have it finished.  It should be a 62 or 64" bow.  I haven't decided yet.
Dave

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
Thanks Dave. I would love to see the honduran rosewood peice when you are finished. I checked out your web site today and you do some very nice work.

Ron

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Dave I have it, thought I was #3.  Great shooter and so smooth. Looking forward to this weekend to shoot her again.  Please Pm the name/address for next in line.  We have it for 2wks or did that change?
Thanks
Jay

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Jay
Yes you will have it for two weeks and let everyone know what you think and how it shoots.  I am interested as well.

Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Can't wait to here about the shooting of the bow.  Lets hear what you have been doing with it and if any hunting been done.
Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
Jay
Hows the bow been shooting for you?
Dave

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
Weekend so I can shoot and of course non stop rain.  I was able to pick off a bird in my backyard from 15 yards.  I'm hoping to take it to the woods next week to try on a deer or anything really.  Again very smooth shooter and w/ my hunting arrows very quiet!

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 02:49:00 AM »
What weight and spine arrows are you guys shooting? I am debating if my gamegetters with 125gr heads will do, or if I should order next spine stiffer at 400. Got 500's at full length right now, but have about 3 inches I can cut off. What you think? Shoot great on my 40lb limbs WARF, I am sure this is going to be a treat, even got a new digital Canon Rebel so will take some nice pics!!!  Very excited to see who takes first hog or deer with it.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by Fisherking73:
What weight and spine arrows are you guys shooting? I am debating if my gamegetters with 125gr heads will do, or if I should order next spine stiffer at 400. Got 500's at full length right now, but have about 3 inches I can cut off. What you think? Shoot great on my 40lb limbs WARF, I am sure this is going to be a treat, even got a new digital Canon Rebel so will take some nice pics!!!  Very excited to see who takes first hog or deer with it.
I'd try what you have with 100gr points first, then cut maybe one of'em down and increase point weight before buying new arrows. Then when you find the right length point combo cut down a few more to match. When going back to the Warf just increase the point weight on you shorter arrows to get good flight for it once the Hitman is gone.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
This bow is fast! Wish I had a chrono.  I'm quiting my job tomorrow so hopfully I can do so some hunting with it end of the week before I send it along

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
It was cold this morning 30 degrees when I got to the woods.  Was a nice crisp morning w/ about 50 Robins to watch and couple of squirrels but too thick to stalk.
 [/IMG]

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
A little still hunting through the woods showed tons of sign including this nice rub...Things are bigger in Texas!!
 [/IMG]  

I met John who let me tag along for some rabbit hunting w/ his beagles. He was excited to tell everyone we got a rabbit w/ a bow!  Some cold trails and excitement but no rabbits.  He also loved the bow and how quiet and smooth it was.  He was easy impressed w/ my stellar roving shoots LOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©