3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND  (Read 9971 times)

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HITMAN LONGBOWS PASS AROUND
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
Attractive...Beautiful...Eye-catching
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
You bet FK73...My season is almost up and I hoped you'd get it in time for yours.

That should put me behind caleb7mm I guess.

What was the decided trial time? Two weeks or three?
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
The trial is two weeks unless you work something out with the fellas after you.  
Thanks
Dave

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
So if I understand this right I need to send the bow to KisherKing73 then? i will send out tomorrow.

Offline rrowslngr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
Thanks Dave I can't wait to shoot it!
43# Hoyt Pro Hunter
50# Ben Pearson
50# Bear Grizzly
55# Bear Grizzly
55# Black Hawk
57# Browning Nomad
57# Wapiti td Recurve
57# Robertson Heritage Longbow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by skilonbw:
So if I understand this right I need to send the bow to KisherKing73 then? i will send out tomorrow.
This should be correct if swapping my place with Fisherking73.

1 Trojanman
2 jayb
3 skilonbw
4 fisherking73
5 nattybumppo
6 rrowslngr
7 raging water
8 hermon
9 house
10 caleb7mm
11 Bud B.
12 sticksnstones
13 gen273
14 sawtoothscream
15 joe keith

I swapped with Fisherking73 early in the game.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Okay good to know since I sent the bow out priority mail today supposed to get by Friday or Saturday FisherKing, if you don't let me know since i put tracking on it or if you want the tracking numbers pm me and I will send to you.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
Thanks BudB for the update as I forgot who fisherking switched with.  All is good and enjoy the shooting.
Thanks
Dave

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Sent you a PM but disregard, will keep an eye out for it. You can pm the tracking number so I can see when to expect it. I already spoke with hitman, and I am not back from my hunt exactly at 2 weeks, but like 2-3days after my 2 weeks are up so I will mail it ASAP as soon as I get back. So next in line should expect it to be shipped 17th.

PS  What grain arrows,length and heads have you guys been using? My 500's with 125grain at full length is where I will start and then cut back a bit if needed to 29 or 30 inch.

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:

Originally posted by Fisherking73:
What weight and spine arrows are you guys shooting? I am debating if my gamegetters with 125gr heads will do, or if I should order next spine stiffer at 400. Got 500's at full length right now, but have about 3 inches I can cut off. What you think? Shoot great on my 40lb limbs WARF, I am sure this is going to be a treat, even got a new digital Canon Rebel so will take some nice pics!!!  Very excited to see who takes first hog or deer with it.
I'd try what you have with 100gr points first, then cut maybe one of'em down and increase point weight before buying new arrows. Then when you find the right length point combo cut down a few more to match. When going back to the Warf just increase the point weight on you shorter arrows to get good flight for it once the Hitman is gone. [/b]
The other option is to keep the arrows and just by a Hitman bow if I like the bow LOL Have been saving my sheckles for a higher end recurve or longbow compared to my warf. We'll see how this test drive goes, very excited to say the least and thanks again Dave for putting this up for us to use, abuse, test, and basically just enjoy!! Will make sure to get some good pics of the bow (got a great new camera) hopefully next to a deer or hog.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Thats awesome and look forward to reading about your experience and voyage.
Take care and good luck
Dave

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
So wife called me while I was in the bathroom taking a shower, said there was a package  :)  needless to say it was a very quick shower after that. All I can say is WOW!! Put it together, right out of the box, shoots WAY better than my WARF. I was worried jumping from 36lb to 50 lbs would be an issue, but not so. SMOOOOTH pulling, hard to believe it is 50 lbs. Took some pics, some video and got some good groups out to 15ish yds (did not range it) and this is before messing with brace height or tuning arrows. Although they seem to be flying right. Will post pics and video up a bit later tonight, gotta go out with the wife for our date (she was kind enough to let me shoot before leaving the house lol as she knows I would have just been thinking about the bow)

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
FisherKing, when I put the string in the box I tried to leave it in a way so that it would not untwist from the optima brace height I found for the bow with the LH riser, so hopefully it does not need to much change to it.

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Thanks, it seems like it might of held cuz was shooting fine for me. I am use to shooting from plunger rest, so shelf is a bit different,but I like. No problem with arrows clearing, did not notice any porpoising. Getting the pics off the camera now.

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
From tip to tip this bow is beautiful. This is the leftie riser, fits in the hand very nicely. Shoots dead in the hand, no vibration/after shock I can feel, but will shoot it alot more to see. Out of the USPS box, it is much better shooter than I am. I suck and it is shooting where I want it to out to 15yds with only about 20 arrows through so far. 20 yds should be no problem. Shooting 500 gamegetters full length with 100grain tips. Clearing shelf good for now, no porpoising noticed, flying good. Has sexy lines on it, just a great looking bow, light, could walk around all day with this bad boy stalking hogs.

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Here is some video. My shooting lane is between my house (solid wall) and fence. I think here what you hear is very amplified and concentrated. As you can hear, or not hear lol, this bow is pretty quiet. This is the first set of arrows I shot after getting the bow together. That first flyer off to the right, later on I inspected the arrow and it was bent. The rest of the group being what it is, i will assume it was bent before I shot it. No critiquing my lousy shooting form LOL

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
That is awesome and what do you think of the handle and the way it feels?  Just wanting to get some feedback and handle design and how it fits the lifeline of hand.  Great video and you don't have bad form either.  lol
Dave

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
The handle just sticks to your hand, you put it in there and it just goes right where it needs to if that makes any sense lol Kinda lines up your arm to where it should be, good wrist angle etc..

Offline Fisherking73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
Here are some stills shot with sports shutter of the draw to get an idea of the deflection of the limbs on draw.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Thats awesome and I never thought of that.  I do like the pics though.  Thanks for the updates
Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©