3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: one for the stick bows  (Read 137 times)

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
one for the stick bows
« on: November 10, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
My long time hunting partner and part time stick shooter brought a new guy hunting with us. The new guy shoots one of those super duper ultra cam sighted things. Now he's a fair shot with all that stuff but just doesn't think a stick bow can do the job on a deer. Well when his mechanical laser guided brick buster broadheads failed and my poor old zwickey past through the off shoulder. You get the point. Crow was served. After that fine dish he was asking if I would teach him to shoot a real bow.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: one for the stick bows
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Nice!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Good job on the convert. When I shot a compound it was the old wooden riser ones that I shot barebow with Bear Razorheads. It was a natural progression to go Trad.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Way to go! I like the " teach him to shoot a real bow"!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
The urban myths and word-of-mouth legends "those guys" perpetuate make it a real surprise to them when they meet a competent stickbow shooter.  I went to the home of a co-worker who had a foam 3-D target on a little wheeled base (he kept it in a shed) and a 48" straw matt.  My first shot wobbled his deer and my next shot knocked it over.  

Unfortunately, a similar thing happened to the matt target, but when it fell it fell straight down off the eisel and snapped four of my arrows off by 8" from the tip when it dropped.    :banghead:    His were not sticking out the back of a 4" matt target.

He was astounded my arrows were "so slow" but hit so much harder, and I was keeping up with him shot for shot on the target - though he wasn't an Olympic contender by any means.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
"mechanical laser guided brick buster broadheads"

That's funny dude!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
Cool!!!