3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Razor-sharp Edge Making System  (Read 206 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Razor-sharp Edge Making System
« on: November 10, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Anyone using this product? what are your thoughts on it.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Razor-sharp Edge Making System
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
It is...

Fantastic.  Incredible.  Easy and quick to get scapel sharp razor edge.  

The only down side is it is not portable like the KME, which is also a great product for home use AND taking along in your duffle.

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
It is a great system for sharpening, and is capable of a wicked sharp edge. The problem is holding a steady angle. I was always quite nervous running a razor sharp broadhead that close to my grinding wheel freehand, with no way to support or guide the head at a steady sharpening angle. I had one grab and flip it out of my hands so fast I didnt even have time to react. Fortunately, I didnt get cut. I no longer use it for broadheads. I do use it to rework my fishing fillet knives. I love it for that.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
i use it and love it.....i use a length of carbon and glued an insert for when i sharpen ...as for it not being portable i bring lots of bhs and arrow with me
i like biscuits

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
have one myself.  puts a wicked edge on most broadheads and knives in seconds.  Dangerous too. I had a Magnus flip out of my grib and it was thrown into my garage wall about 2 inches.  I don't use it much anymore because of that.  Believe what you have heard. The sucker works!!

justin
Hill

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
I could not get the wheels to spin good and true. But I was still able to get the wicked sharp heads.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
I picked one up yesterday and I must say, it works pretty darned well. I just spent about an hour sharpening up about 15 broadheads and 4 knives. I got them all shaving sharp. It is immensely quicker than any other method I've used. I'm going to rig up a steadying block, but it worked really well just free-handing it.

The Simmons Heads I have were the toughest to sharpen. The concave portion of the blade was the toughest. A slightly rounded wheel would work the best for them, but I still got the really sharp. I'm considering rounding off one edge of the wheels.

The time it saved for me is incredible. I probably did 10 heads in the time it takes me to do one new Zwickey with a KME set or a file.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©