3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanksgiving week in N.C.  (Read 618 times)

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanksgiving week in N.C.
« on: November 11, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
My wife is out of school the whole week and wants to visit some family in Winston Salem.Any tradgangers in the peidmont area that are hunting and wouldn't mind some extra company provided landowners are ok with it.Would love to hunt some as this is my favorite time of year.Would appreciate any contacts.
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanksgiving week in N.C.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
What dates? I'm off the Monday after Thanksgiving. We can stalk Uwharrie for deer and squirrel but we'll need to wear orange. Gun hunters are out and about.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
Thanks for answering.Will be arriving mon on 21st and most likely be there till fri or sat.Bud B if you can go anytime before the mon after thanksging let me know.Is uwharrie open and owned by the state?
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Yes. Uwharrie is open game land. Maybe I can get off that Weds. Not sure though.

I'll pm you as it gets close.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
I may also be available for some trad action. Live :20 west of Winston Salem. Work might also be an issue for me, but would be happy to make an attempt. Keep me in mind as it gets closer and I should know something.

Tim
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
Bud B and Far Rider thanks a bunch.Hopefully we can get together.Uwharrie sounds good.Do stay in touch.My cell is:423-244-3324.Far Rider we will be close to you and if work permits lets hit the woods.Bud B how far away are you?Would love to meet you both.
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
Asheboro is not too far down 311 out of Winston. Less than an hour. Or I40 to 220 south.

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Great!This is sounding good.Lets stay in touch.Do you both know each other? If not here's a good opp for all of us to meet and have a great time together.Also any more tradgangers close by that would like to get together?
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
I got off Weds but have a doc appt at 9am. If you want to come down I can get you going at daylight in Uwharrie. I can meet up with you later and we can hunt the day out.

Just make sure you have a hunting license and a game land permit.

Will PM you my cell.

Bud

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Hey there guys,
I'm definitely going to be tied up the 3 days leading up to Thanksgiving, and will also be leaving town on the Sunday after. All I know for sure at the moment, as well as for sure spending turkey day with the family. Leaves Friday and Saturday....maybe! I'll stay in touch and we'll see what comes of it. Hope it will work out, I'll stay loose. Stay in touch, at the very least, maybe we can get together for a cup of coffee.

Tim

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
I may be able to line up a quail hunt with some pen raised. Any interest on that Friday? I have to work out some logistics and get with the propagator.....

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
Wow that is something to think about.Any chance we could do both on Fri? Can you hit em with a bow?
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
Maybe Friday after Thanksgiving.

Let me work on it. I have to have permission from someone else for the land use.

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
Also do you know what day you guys are hunting we may can all get up and go to some of my property that would be cool.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Friday after may work for me. My work is an "on call" kinda thing, but the office IS closed that day. I'll know by the beginning of the week.

Tim

Venatôr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
I'll try for friday.

Will keep you all posted/

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
My connection won't work for Friday. Unless I can find some land for a bird hunt it'll have to be Uwharrie for a squirrel/deer adventure.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
Friday is looking pretty good at the moment, although my situation is very fluid. I'm trying to clear things for it.

TS

Venatôr

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
BKBK12. Do you live close by? Since you have some land what times are good for you?I really appreciate your willingness to share with me and everyone.Sounds like you would love to do this too.Let me know your address and what times and days would work for you.Thanks so much.
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
bkbk12 is trying to line up a field to use. I have a place that I'm working with on getting birds lined up. It looks like Friday morning is good for pickup and release and then a late breakfast/early lunch and an afternoon hunt.

bkbk12 will have to jump in. I have left him a voicemail. From Winston it'll be a bit if a hike.

See, farrider, if you're in we can make more solid plans when bkbk12 and I get the logistics worked out. There may be one more trad shooter coming also. Maybe a few pheasant also, but not sure on that yet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©