3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanksgiving week in N.C.  (Read 620 times)

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanksgiving week in N.C.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Keep me informed, so far so good on my schedule. I'll know or sure no later than Tuesday.

TS
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
If the land deal works it'll be at Bear Creek down 42 from Ramseur. If you like Christmas Fruit Cake you may know where Bear Creek is located.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Just hung up the phone with the quail farm. Birds are lined up. Pick up Friday morn around 9am. The farm is not far from the land in Bear Creek.

Far rider and see you both have PMs.

Bud

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
Great.Sounds like this maybe happen.Bud B are you gonna be able to get me out wed am somewhere on Uwharrie and then hunt later on that day?Any body go more than on Friday?Is bear creek close to you Bud B?
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 05:43:00 AM »
Bear Creek is about 30 minutes from me through the country roads.

From the southern part of Winston my guess would be 1.25-1.5 hours away max. If you google mapped that address and compared it to where you'd be coming from you may be a better indication. Weds is a go also. PM sent.

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
everything is looking good so far, we have a 6 acre field with some hardwoods attached I am ready to try to shoot if anyone else is interested chime in. We are in Asheboro NC 27205 land is only half hr away.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Brian,

I got a PM for another to join....sent info back. Looks like if everyone does show up, plus your friend that works beside you, it would be 7.

Someone nneeds to bring a video camera.    :thumbsup:      :campfire:

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
I'd like to join in if possible.  Let me talk to my wife and make sure it's cool.  I think she's going shopping so I should be good to go.

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Sounds good I belive it will be fun time reguardless we can always shoot some arial targets as well once were done. Whoevere is going try to let us know ASAP so me and Bud can get an Idea on what we need Quail Pheasant etc we were not planning on this many people so if its cool we can split the bird prices prbably around 20.00 per person depending on how many quail pheasant we get.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
My suggestion is one pheasant per person and 10 total quail. My dog will tucker out at some point.   :)   Maybe....

Brian, is Jimmy still coming?

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
You n.c boys are coming together.Bud I will plan on going wed am if you can get me oriented and hunt the eve with you.Fri should be a good group gathering.I do have a video camera that we can pass around.
see

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
I'm in for Friday for sure.  I'll touch base with one of you guys for directions soon.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
As of this evening, Friday is still good for me, but there is a rumbling about the weekend. I'll know tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Rain Tues and Weds according to forecasts. Friday is supposed to be good.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
For those going, if it is convenient, I will be at the Biscuitville at 0730 on Friday. I'll grab a quick bite and head towards the bird farm to be there around 0900. Then to the field for release. We'll need to give the birds some time to disperse and settle.

bkbk12, I may need help with leading the group to the farm.

After the birds are release we can shoot at some aerial targets as suggested by bkbk12 and maybe grab lunch/snack. Then hit the field around lunchtime of just after noon.

Ths Biscuitville's address for you GPS minded is

745 W Dixie Dr, Asheboro, NC 27203

W. Dixie Dr is US Hwy 64.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Oh, and speaking to the propagator, these birds are supposed to be a good wild strain with minimal human contact. They should fly good and will likely be safe from my arrow.  :)

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
if we are leaving that early we should all meet at biscuitville and we can take two cars and go that way save a little on gas too. also if anyone needs me just shoot the messsage on here powow because my phone does not show private messages.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
I'l drive separate. I'll have my dog and need to drive farther to get the birds.

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
I'd love to carpool to save gas, but I probably need to drive separate too.  I've got a family diner to get back to, so I might have to leave the festivities early.

I'm getting pumped to give this a shot.  I made up a few new flu flu's last night, and I'm trying to get a new maple bow finished up in time to carry with me.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
I have some extra flu-flus if anyone needs'em.   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©