3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanksgiving week in N.C.  (Read 619 times)

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanksgiving week in N.C.
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
bring your extra arrows if you guys have them I have some stuff to fletch flu flu arrows up supposed to be here tomorrow if not they will not be here til friday.

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
hoping for good weather.
see

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Guys, I am sorry to report that I will be unable to attend Friday. As I suspected, the rumblings for the weekend have come to fruition. I certainly hope all that show up will have a wonderful time, and I am truly disappointed to miss out on the opportunity to meet and shoot with you guys. Goodluck to all, I look forward to seeing the pics and videos. I also hope to have another chance in the future to do a meet and greet with you guys. Thanks very much for the invite, and again, I am sorry I will be unable to attend.

Tim Smith
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
What town are you in far rider? bkbk12 and I were just talking about trying this a couple of times a year maybe. We just need folks with LAND!

I'm sorry too we won't be able to enjoy your company. We WILL do this again sometime.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
Home town is Mocksville. I'm on the I-40 corridor halfway between Winston Salem and Statesville. For you, I am About :45 West on highway 64. I would very much enjoy doing this on our farm. We only have 55 acres, mostly open pasture, but I'm sure we could have some fun. You have my number, and I'm always on here. I know a few more guys in this area who would also enjoy it. It is a sincere offer.

Tim

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
Looking forward to the next time already Tim.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Nice meeting you and hunting with you today Dwight. See you in the mornin'  :)  Lord willin' you'll get that big guy that's been wearing out that cedar.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
All I can say to those who participated is, "WHEW!"

I'm pooped.

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Me to bud i had a g

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
great time  dwight, jonathan really good meeting u guys and brian thinks for the lesson,to hit three pheasant out of the air. All i can say wow!!!.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
Brian was on for sure.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Well, I take it, that a great time was had by all! Wish I could have made it, but I just walked in the house. Next time though!

Venatôr

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
I'm on my way back to tenn and have to say you guys are great.I have always met the best people that love this sport of trad archery.Bud and Brian put me in some good woods with all the hope in the world of getting a good deer that was on their own turf.Thats sharing at its finest.Bud went way out of his way of meeting twice then today brought his dog and picked up all the birds for the whole gang.Brian was amazing with his bow.For those of you reading this we witnessed a pheasant fly to the end of the field(app150 yds)with Brian's arrow still in the bird.I know that sounds crazy but its true.Brian was more surprized than the rest of us.Today was an exceptional day especially with Brian and Jimmy keeping me supplied with arrows.Next time guys I'll have a new battery and hope you can make it to Clarksviile in the new year.Jonathan was our primitive man shooting his self bow and cane arrows.When I get home tomorrow, sometime next week, I'm getting me some foam aerial targets and get better at this.Brian even nailed a few quail.Bud,Jimmy,Jonathan,and Brian,thanks for the time we had together and watching arrows fly.
see

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Safe trip home to you Dwight. It was a pleasure. And yeah, Johnathan had some nice gear of simple pleasure. I was amazed at the stone tipped cane arrow that stuck in that hardwood... scared that bird into suicide   :biglaugh:

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
I'm a little late here, but I just wanted to add that I had a blast too.  I hope to do it again sometime.  It was great meeting all you guys.

And dang, that kamikaze bird sure was tasty!    :biglaugh:  

Oh yeah, I got a few pics that I'll try to get up, but the action was way too fast to take many.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©