3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: G5 Meta Nocks  (Read 690 times)

Offline jmack

• Trad Bowhunter
G5 Meta Nocks
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
Have any of you used the new G5 nocks in your carbon arrows? I do alot of target shooting during the off season, and am constantly breaking nocks. So when I saw these metal nocks I heard the angels singing, but then I wondered if they might be too harsh on a string... If anyone has any experience with these, then please post your opinion before I buy me a bunch.
"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."--Galations 6:9

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: G5 Meta Nocks
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
jmack

I'll know in a couple of days.  i bought some for the very reason you describe.
Otto

Offline 2 dogs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »
you know i thiught about trying them,but maybe they will not break the nock but crack the shaft instead i will watch for further updates to see how they work for you.good luck.

Offline jmack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »
I know carbon express has some that are also called meta nocks, but they don't look to be "fitted" on the inside of the throat. I don't know the actual terminology, but the g5's are contoured in a fashion, and the cx's look more like they are just machined straight.
"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."--Galations 6:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©