3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tab keeper  (Read 278 times)

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Tab keeper
« on: November 13, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Does anyone have a good way or idea for a way to keep a tab with the bow or quiver? I keep mine in the truck but have forgot it a couple of times (I do have a spare in my shoulder bag) it would be nice to have some kind of clip or such to have a convenient place to keep it with the bow. May have to come up with something. How do you keep up with yours?
Thanks in advance.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tab keeper
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
I "hook" it between the string and the top curve of the recurve.  If you shoot a LB, it won't work
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Mike,

I had the same issue and found these little rascals... I use the #1 which is rated to 5#... I drill a small hole in the quiver rubber and connect so that it won't contact arrows or the bracket...

The are niteize S clips I thinks what they are called...

Jonathan
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
I have a quiver on my bow and put mine on an arrow in my quiver
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I always carry a blunt in my bowquiver.  When I put things away, I pull the blunt arrow from the hood, slide the tab on the shaft and put the arrow back.  When you're getting ready, lift the arrow from the gripper, slide your tab down the arrow and secure the arrow back in the gripper.  It keeps my tab and bow together.  I think I got this idea from Kevin Bahr.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I use a mountaineer's "D" ring. Never lost, forgot or misplaced one.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
I slip knot a rubber band through the finger loop and then make a loop with the other end and slip it over the tip of my longbows.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
I shoot a takedown longbow and use the great northeren quick detach bow quiver. When I hunt, the tab always goes on the stem between the bow and the quiver. When I am not hunting, the tab always goes in the pocket of my practice quiver.

Bisch

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
When I used a Tab I cut a velcro strip in half length ways. Made a small loop around the loop of the tab and sewed it shut. You can then attach it to the arrow in your bow quiver or anything else that goes hunting with you.

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Came up with this idea. I like it although I would like something that would work without a bow quiver. May use the Velcro idea for summer shooting without the bow quiver.
I am having problems with pictures so can't add one so I will try to describe it as best I can. The tab I use is a bateman that I modify by adding an o-ring similar to the old Neet ring tabs.   So, what I bid was use a piece af stainless steel wire about 1/16 diameter a clothes hanger would work. Basically on one end I made a cork screw. This screws into the foam in the quiver hood. Below the corkscrew bend the wire at a right angle and make 2 loops that are spaced apart abou 3/16 apart.place the finger ring over these loops and twist it a couple times and it ends up inside the loops. I know that is as clear as mud, hard to describe but really simple.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
I use the clips like twigflicker. With my ring tabs I keep them right on my armguard. Its nice when I am hiking and climbing to keep it hooked and tucked under the bungee cords of my armguard. When I took this pic it showed up hanging safe and secure. I would like to find a clip that is liitle easier to undo or unclip.

Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Scott, Who makes that tab it looks like one I would like to try    :bigsmyl:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Tracy, Me I started a thread called Shell Cordavan Ring Tab here on pow wow. Dies should be here next week I am starting a list of who wants one. Scott
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
I put a leather or para cord lanyard on my tabs. It goes around my wrist while hunting so it can't fall off, then I put it thru it's self around my bows upper limb when I'm done.....always there. Keep 2 more in my pack.....just in case....lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Mine goes in the pocket of my Arrowmaster Quiver....along with an extra tab as well!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Ron W! Good idea. Will be trying that.
 Aldo Leopold

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Always carry a judo or blunt to practice with in my bow quiver. Just slide over the point and stick in bow quiver.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
My SAM tab has a leather loop that loops around your wrist.  I use that to loop around my string when i take it off so it is always with my bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
I do what Ron W does. After and before hunting I just hang it around my neck like a necklace. I also keep a spare in the pack just in case I forget it.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
I slip mine on an arrow between the gripper and hood on my GN quiver
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©