3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help: tired of cracked rubber boots  (Read 779 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help: tired of cracked rubber boots
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 05:57:00 AM »
Wash the mud off them at the end of the day, store them in a cool dry place out of sun light away from electric motors. Good rubber boots will last for years if they are cared for properly. At work we store our rubber hip boots laid out flat in a wooden box out of direct sun light I have had the same pair for 12 years. My lacrosse hunting boots i have had for 4 years.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 06:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by limbolt:
Muck Wetlands,second season and going strong.
Same here. Extremely compfy too!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
Experienced "crows feet" cracking a number of times over the years w/many different rubber boots. Leads to rips & tears. Probably from leaving outside in the back of the truck &/or other laziness? Have LaCrosse & another (?) now that are holding up well. But, I only wear them when it's real wet. Not everytime in the woods.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by LV2HUNT:
Well, I have a pair of lacrosse knee highs that are close to 20 years old and are not cracked and still plenty waterproof.

That said, I wear muck boots now and am on my second pair. My first pair I got 5 years out of but wore them out from the inside out. I have the Woody Sport now and had the Wetland previously. As long as you remember that you have neoprene uppers and use some common sense they will last a long time.
X2 Yeah Bronz the Lacrosse's won't crack. 10 years and still going strong.

The Muck boots are awesome as well. Have many friends with them and they are very nice and hold up as well as the Lacrosse.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
I guess the first question should be...what make of rubber boots have you been using?
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
I have some Lacrosse burley boots that are at least 20 years old, no cracks.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
My wife and I have been wearing Muck boots. They are no longer made in the USA. I have a pair that the bottoms just fell off of and my wife has a pair of the Winter Sports that the sole is coming off of after a year of light wear. The company will not stand behind them.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
My Lacrosse lasted 5 or 6 years before they cracked on me rendering them useless. Not too bad of a record but it still gets you mad.My Sorel pack boots rubber bottoms took nearly 20 years before they started getting cracks but rubber is after all a natural material.
         Buy boots from LL Bean, everything you get from them has a lifetime guarantee even if not there brand. Cant beat that for insurance.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
I have the old Lacrosse Burlies I think. I bought them in 95. No leaks just never stored in the garage all summer.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
I got more life out of my older Lacrosse Alph Burly 800 about 5 years they were made in the US. My last pair didn't even make it a year, I was looking at the box they came in for warranty info and found there made in china now.     :mad:
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
I have a 30 yr old pair of Lacrosse that I still use and they are in excellent shape. I only wear them hunting and store them inside in my hunting room.

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Yukon:
Xtratuff ruber boots, they are cheep, tough, and last a long time!! my first paire lasted me wellover 6 years...You can get them insulated or not. Made in the USA.
Also recommend these. Add a felt insole that you take out to dry at the end of the day and they are less clammy.
You can get them with cork (spiked) soles too.
BTW, there was a story on state public radio a while back that they are now going to be made in China. The fact that this story made the news tells you how much a standard piece of gear they are here.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
Wash the mud off them at the end of the day, store them in a cool dry place out of sun light away from electric motors. Good rubber boots will last for years if they are cared for properly. At work we store our rubber hip boots laid out flat in a wooden box out of direct sun light I have had the same pair for 12 years. My lacrosse hunting boots i have had for 4 years.
Same here...

I only where my 2 prs. of rubber hunting boots, one lightly insulated and one for colder conditions, for hunting.

I have another pair for everything else. Stored out of the sun....they seem like they'll last forever...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
Also if you go with Schnees or Kenetrek you can get new rubber bottoms put on. They will not be as waterproof if standing in water do to the stitching to the leather uppers. Lacrosse probably started makeing rubber boots in China from sales being to low. With boots lasting 2 years versus 10 they became more profitable.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Get some "Shoe Goo"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by rraming:
Get some "Shoe Goo"
:thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
Tried Shoe Goo..lasts for about 2 days if lucky. It's ok for minor repairs but not so good on big  jobs. I am very disappointed with the quality of the new Muck boots and the attitude of the owners/importers. As comfortable as they are I can't afford the lack of wear and tear they take.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Tom D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
I have found that putting my rubber boots on a boot dryer has made a BIG difference in how long they last.
 I had some Mucks and they got ripped the first hunt they were on. Shoe goo got a couple of years out of them.
 I went back to Burlys as they work best for me.

I really feel drying them after use is a key to how long they last!! Also seems to help keep down on scent?

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
I have LaCrosse boots that are MANY years old and still are functional. I also have Mucks and they too are working well after 4 years.  I do like the LaCrosse boots better though.

Offline emac396

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
I have always bought LaCrosse boots by the time they crack I am in need of new ones anyhow, I bought a rubber conditioner with last pair but cant comment boots are only 1 season old.

Funny how company's move production to China due to cost savings but price goes up????

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©