3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: STATIC TIP STALKER RECURVES? additional info pg. 4  (Read 3349 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: STATIC TIP STALKER RECURVES? additional info pg. 4
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
Thanks Ryan, what would look good with greenie? I'm not sure how to figure out limb prices on South's web site, can you pm some info to me while I go look again? What length was the ones you shot?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
Mike,
Don't quote me on this, but extra limbs are about $425 according to his catalog.
I'm currently shooting the 58" limbs.  Just shot them again today.  It's going to be my "go to" bow for next year!!!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
Thanks Ryan. I need to get a catalog. South still needs to fine tune the web site. Are the 58" limbs the shortest? I hope he makes it to Compton's or somewhere nearby so I can shoot them first.

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
My apologies for not keeping up with my website, I know it is lacking some current pricing info.  I'll work on getting that to my webmaster so he can get it posted up.  I confess, it is much more fun to build bows than it is to do the paperwork end of the business.   :rolleyes:   I am still working on nailing down the pricing for the static limb, but it will be LESS than the current recurve limb I'm building.  It is not looking too promising that I will be making it to Kalamazoo this year.  I have the ATA Show to attend a couple of weeks before Kalamazoo and it will be too much of a stretch to take an extra 5 days off in January.  I will, however, be at PBS in March if any of you East Coasters make it out West to Portland.  
   I am planning on building the static from 56"-62".  As Ryan pointed out, I am so excited about the performance of this new limb, that I will be experimenting with a new static for my regular recurve line.  I'll keep you guys posted in coming months on that one.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
I want me a set of those for mine new Honey.  :notworthy:
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
I couldn't take it. I'm on the list of "Have to Have Them". Now I need to figure out what length, I wonder if the 56" will work for my (sometimes) 29"draw?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
Up for Bill!

Online 6feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
I love the static tips recurves from RER

Offline 187BOWHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
AH HA HA !!! Im so stoked I got one comin !!!

Offline Hunter74

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2012, 01:37:00 AM »
Hope I don't sound dumb but I'm just getting into traditional... What are static tips vs conventional limbs?

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2012, 04:32:00 AM »
Joshua,
I'm no expert at the subject, but I'll give you my opinion about statics.

They have a drastic curve near the limb tips which are designed to "stay put" during the "draw cycle".  This may add preload at brace which in turn may add to more stored energy (more speed). The tips "stay put" so upon release, there may be less of a string slap, in turn a quieter bow.  The tips may curve closer to the limb tips allowing for a smoother "working" limb. If designed correctly, you may end up building a smooth drawing, quiet bow that smokes an arrow.  Just like any other bow, not all statics are built equally.

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 04:55:00 AM »
ryan and south-
i shot a surge recurve that a guy was reviewing for an australian magazine. it was a really nice bow. i liked the grip alot, the finish and workmanship looked 1st class. it shot very well too. overall i was impressed.
the only thing that i didn't like about it was the size of the limb tips. just my personal preference. i'd love so see them more rounded in cross section. the ones on this bow were quite square in cross section. for me if they were slimmed down and rounded off a little they would be more asthetically appealing. maybe the less tip mass would help performance?

JMHO south.
overall great bows man!
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the valued input Clint.  If South doesn't see this post, I'll be sure to let him know.

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Paul R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Clint, South has already sent(should arrive soon)one of his Hybrid risers with a set of longbow limbs and a set of static tip recurve limbs for a review.
I'll be bringing it to New Zealand with us so we'll get to have a play with it then.
From the feedback on this thread it sounds like it will be another great shooting bow from the Stalker fold.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©