3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad archery on VS channel  (Read 639 times)

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad archery on VS channel
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Good job Luke! Can't wait to see the show.   :thumbsup:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it Luke, please keep us posted for reruns and any new shows .
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Milk River Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
I am suprised no one has ribbed me for my horribly obvious short draw on that doe!  It was the first cold snap of the season and sitting in the tree stand for 5 hours before the shot, then around the back of the tree...that's all the excuses I can come up with!  I have always had that revisiting problem no matter how hard I work at it.  And Thanks again Fellas!

Offline blazelefty7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
Congrats Luke...just watched the show the other day.  It was awesome.  

I'm sure all the people at home were wondering how the deer didn't see you because you weren't wearing the latest greatest camo pattern out there.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
Blazelefty7- you are exactly right about the "camo"...people ask me all the time how the deer don't see me because I am not wearing camo.  I grew up with my Dad and Uncles wearing plaid, then some camo got thrown into the mix and match. Those were the good 'ol days. Of course, I have worn camo in the past, and it works pretty darn good as we all know, but I think a good plaid is as concealing.  Thanks for the comments.

Offline jax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
Luke great pictures. I see you are still at the trad bowhunting  and collecting wool shirts. Lol. Great job. I remember my hunt like it was yesterday. Keep up the good work. J.R. Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »
Thanks JR!  You pulled off a great shot on a great buck on that hunt, what a blast that was.  Hope we get to do it again sometime.

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
What do you think, Luke? It appears you have a great relationship with Mike Hannback and he certainly respects your choice of equipment. We would love to see more traditonal hunts on the show.At some point, the powers that be, will realize trad. hunters are here to stay and increasing in number.

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
I am definitely looking out for this episode...thanks for being a great voice for the community. Great deer by the way.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
I have tried to find a schedule on Verus, but either my technical ineptitude or the lack of it's presence is blocking my attempts. Anybody have a clue of a possible time/dates for repeats?
Tim
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Vesty- Mike really likes the trad aspect, and not just someone shooting a longbow to mix up some ratings or views, but who lives it...I don't think the possibility of a strictly trad show is out there, but seeing more and more trad hunts is definately in the works.  We may even have Mike shooting a recurve (maybe even an old Bear) later on too...that was planned this year but it didn't work out.  That would be cool, I think.  Thanks!

And thanks Normandale33!

Far Rider- with versus selling out, it seems like they just quit everything...u used to be able to get a schedule off their website, but I don't know now.  I try to keep everyone informed when it will be coming back on...by then everyone ought to be sick of hearing about it!

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
The show is on Thursday Thanksgiving at noon (time zone?) and Friday at 8:30AM according to the site, but who knows if it is that episode.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
Ya know Luke, I picked that up about Mike watching his reaction to your success. He's genuinely happy for you and you can't fake something like that. I've always liked his show and now with you and the trad. hunts it's just icing on the cake for me. Keep it up!

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
I loved it,Thanks for sharing with all of us.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Good deal Luke. Keep up the good work ... I would love to know when this will be rebroadcast since I missed it the first time:^(
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Good deal Luke. Keep up the good work ... I would love to know when this will be rebroadcast since I missed it the first time:^(
Gary Logsdon

Offline skydog6653

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
I have that stinkin' "Dish Network" and they don't include VS anymore! 144 channels my butt! 1/2 of them are infomercials and PPV!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
Gary-

I'll let you guys know if they air it again.  Thanks to all of you again for your gracious support.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Hey fellas-I am sorry, but I dropped the ball on the last airing of the show...I was checking my DVR today and realized it aired on the 23rd again...I didn't know it was going to be on then and it looks like they only aired it once that week...not sure if they'll air it again.  Sorry fellas.  No one's really missing much...just a Dork having fun with a longbow!  Thanks for all the support.  I am being interviewed for Bowhunting World this spring This spring for a "going trad" piece.  I always give Trad Gang.com a shout during these interviews and pieces, but they don't always make it...I'll do it again for this issue, it should go in this piece.  I may ask for some input from you guys about it...thanks again!

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Sad to say I missed that show! But you can bet I will search and record it cause by all accounts it sounds like a outstanding show!

I'm here to tell ya we need to contact VS by email, phone, letter whatever and tell them we need to see MORE of this kinda shows! Hunting in general is not well represented now adays on TV and we need to get our voice out that this is what we enjoy and want to watch.  

On a side note there is a show "Meat Eater" (sundays at 9) on the Outdoor channel by Steve Renelle that although is not trad bowhunting is still a very very good show that needs our endorsement. And no I have no connections with either just a feed up person who can rarely watch a hunting show on TV now adays!

If enough of us take the time to contact the producers that this is what we want to see maybe just maybe the other junk shows will take notice!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©