3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Signature nocks and GT arrow combo question  (Read 241 times)

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Signature nocks and GT arrow combo question
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
just got some Sig nocks in and love them but some of them dont seem to be as "snug" as the original GT nocks.. several of  them pull off/out of my arrow and stay on the string sometimes when i take the arrow off my string... would it help to put a dab of glue or is there some other trick to keep the nock in the arrow?? if so,what type of glue would work? thanks seth

Offline AdAstraAiroh

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Signature nocks and GT arrow combo question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
To tighten the nocks up a tad, insert them 90% into the arrow shaft through a piece of plastic grocery bag.  Then, trim up to edges with a sharp x-acto knife blade  and then push them the rest of the way in. Try this thickness, which has worked for me, and if you need more thickness, use trash bag.  If you need it to be thiner, use saran wrap.  You can adjust the material and get just them snug enough to rotate with resonable force, but to stay in place while being shot, even if you have a hard surface impact.

Mark

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
I would avoid gluing them in since I've found some glues seem to dissolve or soften the nock a little where you apply it.You could also run a wrap of teflon tape around the nock and see if that works.I find the Sig nocks work well in CX Heritage shafts also.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
Plastic bag trick is how to do it.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
You may also want to check your nock fit on the string.They may be loose in the shaft but it sounds like they are also too tight on the string.That will cause flight problems.

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
If it's of any consequence?..a few months back i joined in on a rag-a-thon regarding the GT Nocks (that came with the shafts) were cracking lips off on my compound (an omen) at the shot..junk..took'em all off 2 1/2 dozen GT5575's and replaced them with easton mini supernocks..Tim Gillingham (aka Goldtip1/Owner) then posted anyone with this complaint to call a number he posted..i did..left a message..he called back the next day apologizing saying they had something wrong in the processing of the nocks and asked if he could send me 4 dozen replacements made from a different material..and he did..and with great hesitation and skepticism i tried and tested them..thoudands of times..sans a single failure of any sorts..and now love'em..I missed 2 calls and an email from Tim just a couiple weeks ago so..i called him back..said he was just doing a follow up to make sure i'm still happy and everything going good with the new "Premium" nocks he sent me..as a machinist i could see a lot of effort had gone into the design of these things and had to ask him.."Tim..WTH happened with those first nocks and what did ya'll change?"..he said they had jumped on the go green bandwagon and were using recycled/reground polycarbonite which turned out to be a huge mistake..now they use strictly 100% "Virgin" polycarbonite to manufacture their "Premium" GTNocks..I just bought and am currently making up 2 dozen GT3555 XT Hunters..purchased from the local pro shop yesterday..they to came with the old crappy white GTnocks..i immediately replaced them with the new Premium ones Tim sent me..and..zero problems still..and what i like about'em?..is the design..the lips are double tapered..they "Fit Without Filing" on every bowstring i have..they clip-on and release with ease yet hold the string very securely on everything i have from the flemish twist on my bob lee recurve to the americas best fast-flight on my compounds..and of course?..they fit the shafts they were made for.  :)

"ONLY A SPIRITUALLY MATURE DISCIPLINED SOUL CAN TRUELY MASTER A TRADITIONAL BOW"

and i know that's true cause as a younger man i usta call'em a "pull-n-pray"

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
That's great to know.Thanks for that update.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
yes, thanks for that update. Glad to hear of a company/owner that genuinely cares and follows up.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
YOu want to post Tim's phone # for the rest of us poor slobs struggling?  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Jinkster, great update, THANKS!

:thumbsup:

But I'm confused, is there now a "standard GT" and a "premium GT" ???
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Doc Nock:
YOu want to post Tim's phone # for the rest of us poor slobs struggling?   :)  
I'd love to but in all honesty i just dont feel right taking the liberty to do that here but this is what i will do..i'll contact Tim asap (tomorrow as long as he's still in for the turkey holidays) and either have him sign in and post for you guys or?..if he approves i'd certainly be willing "then" to post his number..i know this..it's a major area of concern for him and all he wanted was for me to return the remainder of the old nocks..he even gave me a RA# (return authorization)..he wants the old nocks out of circulation for obvious reasons..sorry but..that's the best my good conscience will allow me to do...i wouldnt feel right just posting up his number without his prior knowledge..hope you understand.  :)
"ONLY A SPIRITUALLY MATURE DISCIPLINED SOUL CAN TRUELY MASTER A TRADITIONAL BOW"

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by PaddyMac:
Jinkster, great update, THANKS!

:thumbsup:  

But I'm confused, is there now a "standard GT" and a "premium GT" ???
No...the "standard gt" nock Style/Design and names remains the same..the only dif is new packaging and the addition of the word "Premium"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
That is quite considerate of Tim's privacy.

I'm sure he's appreciative.

Your initial post states you joined in a rag-a-thon and this Tim chap posted his # to call.

I assume that was on another site?  If it was here on Gang, perhaps you could find it and post a link...since he's made it public, seems fair that way...

I'm buying all GT products in the past few years and get tired of digging thru stores to find the original Easton Uni Nock...not the tiny ones.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Okee-dokee...here's the deal..I'm at work typing from a Droid..but I did search GoldTips website and if you click on the "NEWS" tab from the home page there is a "NEWS RELEASE" DATED SEPT92011..and contains a full explanation with instructions/phones and email addys and to contact..best I can do till I get home from work.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
That shoudl suffice for anyone who can find there way here, to find their way "there".

Thanks in advance!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
For what it's worth my experience is the same as JINKSTER's.  Only I emailed Gold Tip and received a call the next morning.  The new GT nocks they sent have worked flawlessly through many shots that the others did not make it through.  Not a problem anymore with the GT's!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Alrighty then folks..btw..you all are extremely welcome..matter fact?..with as much help as i've recieved from the kind archers here i am more than happy that i can be of some service concerning this particular matter in a "pay-it-back" kinda demeanor..that said?..i had a good 45minutes of practice daylight left so?..i'm just getting this here now...suns down. LOL!...and here's the all informative "New Release" linky to make things a touch easier for the PC declined..

http://www.goldtip.com/newsdetail.aspx?id=52&type=1

and one thing i forgot to mention in speaking with Tim Gillinham?...when i complimented him on how well they fit all my strings sans any "file-to-fit" action he told me that the design of the nocks was also to help preserve aqnd extend serving life..and they fit so easy (yet secure) i can see where they just may..what i dig most is knowing they are good to go, ready to fly and well tuned to any string i have right out of the package which eliminates any "human error" variables in fitment once one breaks out the swiss files..and i hated doing that cause now the surface is never as smooth as they are fresh out of the injection molds..and imnsho?..that rough filed surface is what WILL decrease serving life..anyways..glad to be of service and a member here..thanks guys!  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©