3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KUIU GUIDE BEANIE AND GLOVES?  (Read 203 times)

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
KUIU GUIDE BEANIE AND GLOVES?
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
In need of a good wind/water resistant/proof beanie and gloves. I have read that some people have problems with the beanie fitting to tight, but haven't heard much about the gloves. I need some advice, so lets have it if you got it. Thanks.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KUIU GUIDE BEANIE AND GLOVES?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
The guide beanie was way to tight for my head and my head is of average size have not tried the gloves yet but do have a set of KUIU thermals, the guide jacket,& attack pants and love there fit.

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
I like the gloves but they are not designed for the cold weather we get up here! I tried them last night and my hands got pretty cold.
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
I should add to that I love the vest, jacket and pants as well as the thermals.
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Anyone else?

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
I like mine, I have about a 7 1/8-7 1/4 head. Fits snug but not too tight.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
and the merino is the warmest beanie/weight that I have ever worn.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
First, I wear a size 7 1/8 hat.  I have both the guide beanie and  the wool beanie and never wear the guide hat because it is too tight.  I love the wool beanie and wear it all the time, during both the early elk and under my hidden wolf bomber while on stand for late season whitetails.

As stated earlier, the guide glove are not made for cold weather.  However, they are well made (quality), fit good, and thin/slick enough that I can shoot all of my bows while wearing them; they replace my damascus glove while hunting.  I do not think they would hold up very well for everyday shooting, but  they  have held up fine for me while shooting a few arrows each time in the field this past fall.  Buy  yourself a couple of pairs while they are still on sale.  One thing, the sizing on the gloves run a  little small, you may need too order the next size up, a large instead of medium for me.

I guess my recommendation is to follow Gene and Barry's  advice;  buy a couple of the wool caps and gloves before they stop making them.  Can't say that about the guide hat.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
My medium gloves don't fit unless I keep my hands flexed like I'm holding a rifle. Hat is tight around the ears for sure.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I needed.

Offline gnihsifnamk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »
I absolutely love the gloves, they definitely run a little small, I normally wear a medium but need a large for kuiu gloves. The leather started out a little tight but as the gloves have broken in they fit perfectly, seems like the leather stretched and formed to my hand the more I wore them.

I think the temp range on them is huge, I have worn them from 60-20 with no problem, when it is below 20 I need to stick my hands in my pockets every once ina while (I am a warm hands guy, my hands never get cold). They dry really fast and the dexterity is the best I've seen.

I think they are some of the best hunting gloves I have ever come across.

I have a huge head so I never bothered ordering the beanie.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I have a 7 1/8 to 7 1/4 hat size, and the Guide Beanie fits me snugly, but loosens up over time. It is very nice; however, I have found other head gear I tend to like better for hunting. The Sitka Gear Jetstream short-brimmed cap is more comfortable and has the brim. I also have a merino wool short-brimmed cap that I found on sale several years ago at Abercrombie and Fitch when I was there with my son. It is very comfortable and form fitting. The merino wool beanie from Kuiu is also very nice, especially under a cap like my short-brimmed Stormy Kromer cap that unfortunately has been out of production for several years. The Kuiu Guide Beanie does get better and more comfortable with use.

The Kuiu Guide Gloves run a size small compared to other gloves, so if you actually wear a size XL, you are out of luck. I normally wear a large size glove and had to send the large Kuiu gloves back and get them in XL. The gloves are very nice, as others have reported. They are not a cold weather glove, but do well in moderate temperatures or during heavy exertion. Like the Guide Beanie, the gloves get better with use even though they are very nice the first time you put them on. After awhile, they "fit like a glove"!

Kuiu products are exceptionally well made!!!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©