3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3Rivers service  (Read 2463 times)

Offline killthewabbit

• Trad Bowhunter
3Rivers service
« on: January 14, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
I’m not the type of person who gives out endorsements often, but when I get service that I feel went above and beyond what I had expected, I like to give that person, or company credit for the effort.

Friday, my wife and I traveled to 3 Rivers Archery in Ashley IN. We are lucky in the fact that it’s only about an hour and a half drive from where we live.  My wife wanted to trade in an old Bear recurve (50#) bow on a newer model that had less poundage.  

To make a long story short, we were treated more like a good friend than a customer; the person who waited on us (I believe his name is Dale) went way out of his way to make us feel not only welcome, but to make sure that the bow my wife bought was set up and comfortable for her to shoot.  He even gave her two arrows for free.

And, before you think he was just being nice because we were buying a high dollar bow from him; the bow we bought was a low price model, and the bow we were going to trade in was bought by another customer before we traded it in.  

From what I understand most of 3Rivers sales are by catalog or internet sales, that is a shame, because most people who order from them will never get the pleasure of meeting the people at 3Rivers in person, but if the customer service is half as good on mail orders, as it is for walk ins,  it will still be great service.  

Most of you probably already knew about 3Rivers, but I wanted to share with my fellow archers my experience with them.  

I think 3Rivers made a customer for life…
  :D

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3Rivers service
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
I think it's awesome that you come on here to say what great service you got. Most of the time we complain about bad service. If more people were positive about things there'd be more positive things happening. Thanks for the report!

My experience with 3rivers has always been great thru the mail!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline killthewabbit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Just have to call it the way I see it, but thank you 4runr for your kind words...

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
well said. I've always gotten excellent service from 3R
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
I just wish I lived closer to their store  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline pointy sticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »
I'd love to to be able to stop in sometime. I think of all the times I would have driven straight by their front door    :mad: , and wasn't into archery as of yet. Now that I'm no longer able to drive truck, they are only about 26-27 hours driving time away. Someday I'm going to make a road trip  LOL   :thumbsup:    :archer:
make em pretty and shoot em straight.

Secretary and Membership Chair
Bowhunters Association of Nova Scotia

Traditional Archers Association of Nova Scotia (member)

Archers Association of Nova Scotia (Member)

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
If you met Dale You met the owner. I met him in Salt Lake City and will agree, He is a real nice guy. Deserving of our buisness.
Prarrie Dog

Offline flightmedic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
i spent 3 hours over there one day getting set up with one of my childern in tow, and they took care better than i have ever been before, i will buy no where else ever again.
Toelke ( Troll)

Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
PBS MEMBER
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
I am another satisfied customer; any orders filled online without a problem.
   :campfire:    :archer:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
My deal is that I live in So. IN. I can call today and have my stuff tomorrow!
High on Archery.

Offline DAS Kinetic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
I was a customer of 3R long before I was a business associate.  From both perspectives 3R is exceptional.  It says something when the owner takes time to greet and help a walk-in customer.

David

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
3rivers is the best. Dale is great! But we shouldn't forget to spread the wealth and sometimes shop at the "little" guys: Kustom King, lost nation, Pine hollow longbows, Alaska Bowhunting, etc... and your local trad shop, if you're lucky to have one. Look in TBM for any ad close to you. We wouldn't want 3rivers to become the archery equivalent of Walmart, would we?
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline killthewabbit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »
I don't think I'll worry too much about 3Rivers getting too big for their, or our own good.  They seem to be fairly well grounded.  If you have never been there, the building is about 10,000sq/ft.  Most of it is warehouse space.  They still make it feel very much like a mom & pop company.  

Just my feelings...

Offline shootrmn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
I spent about an hour on the phone with Dale while I was deciding on which bow to buy. He was very patient with this novice and gave excellent advise. I was thrilled with the bow I recieved and have continued to do business with 3R's I hope some day to get close enough to stop in and shake the hands of the wonderful folks there.  :notworthy:
shootrmn
Practicing the Dicipline of Steel
Given by the Gods and honed by my father.

Offline poekoelan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 01:35:00 AM »
I try to make as much of my equipment as possible, but anytime I need anything I usually go straight to them. Great service and fast shipping.

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
I met Dale Karch @ Trad Expo West, he is a nice guy & 3-Rivers is a good supplier. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
I don' know guys. I may be the odd ball here but I think there service could be a little better.

....Only if they read my mind and send it to me automaticaly. LOL. Every time I've needed them they are right there and fast. Great to do business with.

Like others have said I try to make as much as I can. (Mainly I'm cheap) But I have also ordered from other Tradition Archery shops.

Back to Basics -- Great guy and good to deal with.

FoxFire -- Another great place.

All and all I think there is just a better group of folks in traditional archery than in other things out there.  Just my 2 cents though.
Jason Lester

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
I am one of those people who let you know exactly(face to face) what I think about the way our country has deflated as far as service and quality goes, even my grandfather would be proud to deal with Three Rivers, businesses like theirs are a dying breed, "Never be afraid to speak your mind in the exact tone your mind tells you to , do this more often and likely more business owners will take notice.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Its nice to see a trad gear business succeed, especially when the owners seem to enjoy their work so much.  Without quality mail order options like 3Rivers the trad pickings up this way would be mighty slim.

Offline Incognito

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
I think the people at 3 Rivers are very friendly. But I also think their prices are a little to high. The last purchase I made from them kinda got to me. I purchased 3 Gold tip trad Blems, just wanting to test the arrows without buying more than I needed just in case I didn't like them.I fletch my own arrows but decided to get them to fletch these 3 and send them ready to shoot. The problem is they made me buy a full dozen feathers for each color they used. I have used the feathers so no real big deal, it was just the principle of the thing that bothered me. I can go to my local shop and buy 3 arrows and not have to buy a dozen feathers. I decided I liked the arrows so I did buy a dozen from another archery supply house. They cost me $70 for the dozen fletched and shipped. The 3 arrows and the 2 dozen feathers from 3R cost me $35. You can do the math on that one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©