3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters  (Read 13543 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
Sounds pretty exciting Gerald   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Way to go Curt and Cade   :thumbsup:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
What a team!     :clapper:    

I see Cade's good enough to let you get into the picture with him and his deer.    :laughing:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Im in big trouble now! "Shakira" the Griffin was smitten by a stud last night on a hunt that wasnt supposed to happen and  now Im nothing but grinning since we laid eyes on him and never even got more than a little tension on the string.

Wouldnt you know it? 1/2 hour after he passed me east bound at 17:30, 2 does walked under my stand from the east for gimme shots but they came from the brush choked ridge that Mack Daddy had just walked into so I figured it was a matter of time before he came out following them so they got the pass. Sure enough another half hour passed and Mack Daddy returned, passing me at 80 yards or so on the same ridge I first saw him on and headed into the same creek bottom the two ladies had wandered off to.

Other than that, its been an exiting season. Ive seen deer on 3 out of 4 missions for a total of 11 deer and Im sticking with the journal this time.

Now no one will do but him for that particular location. I cant believe how psyched I am without even having put tension on the string. Havent hunted an individual buck in 15 years. This is gonna be a wild ride for me. Another cool part is that he hasnt made any trail cam appearances unless someones been keeping secrets from me.

Congrats to all with fresh meat in the freezer, you fellas are getting it done and making some awesome memories.

:pray:      :pray:      :pray:

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Go get him Izzy.     :thumbsup:  

Two years ago a neighbor killed a monster 10 pt on my property that no one had seen prior.  I keep hoping he left a bunch of those genes before departing.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Good luck Izzy!  Keep after him!!!!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Hooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
That's a nice doe! Congrats Curt and Cade on your hunt, that's great!
Black Widow PSA III - 59#@31
Black Widow PSR III - 53#@30 1/2
Holm Osprey 62"- 55#@30"

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »
Congrats Curt & Cade. Good looking doe.
Missed a doe last night by hitting the bottom limb of the bow on the rail of my climber. First time I have done that. Sucks when that happens.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
I skooted home from work last night and was in my stand just before 5:00PM.  At around 5:45PM a lone doe came in and spent 45 minutes within 25 yards of my stand.  Well past shooting light by the time she was fully out of sight.  She tempted me with a dozen good shot angles.  At one point I could have leaned out and dropped an arrow on her back.  Lord, they are beautiful animals.

I have an "either sex" tag left but don't want to deplete the local does.  I also was hoping she might "decoy" in a buck.  Surprisingly she crossed my trail-in three times and, at one point, stood right over where I had walked in.  

I guess my "secret weapon" of scuffing through the sheep stall before heading into the woods is a good cover scent.     :biglaugh:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Seems fellas have working too much. Anyone getting out? I've been working too much as well but the weather is turning for the better. Lots of dead critters on the road this am. I'll be out after work if I can avoid any afternoon drama.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
Saturday Morning I will at it again.  Depending on The wind I'm not sure exactly where I will be sitting yet but I am excited to be getting out.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Online Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
I havent sat more than two hours due to conflicting obligations. I hope to get out Sunday. I work 5am to 8pm Saturday   :mad:  

Been very busy this season. At least I had some action already, but that was the only day. Not as much activity as last year.

I saw a dead doe that was hit by a car right by my home yesterday. Im sure that was one of the few Ive been after. I hate seeing them go down like that.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Congratulations to all the meat makers! Way to go fellas!

I've been so busy with lots of great family events and work that I haven't been able to get out until this AM.  It was blustery and pretty windy at times. I saw 9 deer and had a little button head come by early trying to commit suicide. I decided he should live another day. I'd been real happy for a big plump doe and had one angling in to me, but for reasons only she knows just grazed away in the opposite direction.  I'll be back after them in the AM.

Good luck and be safe guys!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Did a sit this afternoon, had a chipmunk join me in my ground blind for a bit. Just checked my journal,33 hours at it so far and have yet to see a deer!   :dunno:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline adkarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Been at it pretty hard this week while on vacation with bow and muzzleloader up here in the North Country, only saw 4 deer all week, been pretty slow.  This is usually a good week for me, but the wind created havoc.

Adkarcher
New York Bowhunters - Life Member
Carolina Traditional Archers
North Carolina Bowhunters Assoc.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
can't wait to get back out in the morning. Saw a couple fresh rubs today near my stand.Feeling good physically and spiritually . We'll have to see what happens.  :archer2:
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Gonna Hunt the Pine bush in the morning.  It will be nice to do a morning hunt.

Shoot straight.   :archer:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2011, 03:59:00 AM »
Good luck to you all. I will be leaving for WY in the morning. Taking my brother out for mule deer & doe antelope. It is a gun hunt with one of my best friends that lives out there. I will be taking my LC NAT as well. Going to try with the bow first & go to the rifle if need be. Be safe.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
I had a doe bed down about 50 yards from me.  she blended in well, I could only see her when she moved more or less.

She was just a smidgeon out of my range   ;)    :readit:

It was good to see a deer on public land after scouting it so much.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©