3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters  (Read 13567 times)

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
You too!
I'm famous for that..........Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
I was walking to an area I saw a doe last week. I made the mile or so walk in to accommodate the wind. As I was getting close (about 100 yards) to the spot I wanted to be, I could here animals running all around me, sounded as if there was some chasing going on but couldn't tell.

Then over the hill in front of me where I was headed 2 deer started blowing, I knew they couldn't smell or see me, They were up and over a large brushy hill.  

I couldn't decide what I should do, so I sat right there in a cluster of trees. When it was light out I realized I was near an old wooden stand and at the intersection of several trails along thick brush, I decided my spot was good.

About 9:45 My feet were too cold (still getting used to these boots) and I decided to sneak around where I was trying to head before the snow melted and see exactly where the deer are favoring.  I managed to sneak up to about 15 yards of a big doe. Problem was she saw me 1st. Their trail led right under the tree I was in last week. I found 3 more trees stands in there too.

There were deer everywhere in the residential neighborhood on my way to the woods.

It was a beautiful morning to be out, just wish my feet were warmer and my seat was more comfy.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
My Buddy just sent this picture to me. He hunts up in Binghamton,NY.
He killed this spike using his 48# 1960 Kodiak.
I'm so proud of him!

TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Hunted with Shawn tonight, what a ride!!! Had a wind blowing into my face and heard some noise coming my way and soon saw a big old nanny walking toward me and feeding. When she got to 25-30 yards she beded and started making a racket. She was clicking and sneezing away, pretty cool display of vocalizations. I got on point waiting for a buck to come along and see who was calling him.

About 20 minutes before dark Shawn texted me (something Im still getting aquaited with) saying that he was still hunting in my direction. The doe got up and made her way to the field above us unalarmed. When Shawn got to my tree we headed up to where the doe had left to make our way to the road. As we got close to the field we could see deer tracks in my tracks.

A few more steps into the field and we see deer about 50 yards away. Our conversation was like this

Shawn : "Looks, deer and theres a racker with them!!!!"
       Me :"Oh Yeah Hes Big!"
  Shawn : " Hes Alright."

Shawn then looks at me and sees that I am looking in a different direction which draws his attention.

Shawn:" Holy $***! Hes huge!!!!

An 8 and a sho nuff 10 with two doe bound away. Another 1/2 hour of light I think they would have come right under my tree to that doe but time stands still for no one.

The killin stand will be in place tomorrow. Go get him bud and thanks for having me, was good to see you all.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by larry:
how is it that a guy can shoot clean over the back of a small doe not 3 yrds from his stand and then a couple days later drill a small possum out of his stand at 22 yrds.   :readit:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by larry:
how is it that a guy can shoot clean over the back of a small doe not 3 yrds from his stand and then a couple days later drill a small possum out of his stand at 22 yrds.   :knothead:  
Wiil that possum eat well Larry?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Seen a few deer here in WNY, no shots yet,close a few times but hunting on the ground has been fun but hard so far,going to be going as much as possible this comming week,my bro in law shot a small 7 pt on sat with his 50# martin hunter, and 4 guys from church have killed deer one with a 53# selfbow, also a friend from church had a nice black bear in front of him on sat. in Java and wasen't sure if he could shoot it or not, chance of a lifetime ,gone.  going in the morning.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Nice doe Philip (I'm just above Binghamton).

I saw a spike with interesting little antlers tonight that curved back tight against his head like little goat or sheep horns.  Had my camera in a Baggie and fumbling to get it out of my coat pocket was too much noise.  That's one deer that looks up.   :rolleyes:    Still looking for his dad or uncle, but he never offerred me a shot regardless.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Seen quite a few so far, one buck snuck up behind me in a natural ground blind yesterday. I was looking out the front of the blind for a bigger buck that I expected to be there BUT the littler one made sure that no deer were going to come around.  :)  

Hopefully get more close soon!
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
Congrats on a fine Doe Philip  :clapper:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
Way to go Philip!  Delicious!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
No deer on the ground, but lots of sightings in the Alleghany State Lands. My son and I saw 9 deer just yesterday morning. Bucks are starting to chase in the area and does are very alert.

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
Thanks guy's.
I killed that doe on Friday. The weather was really nice. Crisp,cool October day. The wind was mild and in my face. Sweet.

I took my signed green stripe Sat/Sun. No deer but felt so good to have her out there with me!
Sullivan,County NY got hammered with 8" of snow that blew sideways but that did'nt stop me.
Was a magical day!

TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
congrats Philip very nice doe   :thumbsup:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Online Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Guys it's nice seeing all the action. I got hit WAY hard by me. Just got plowed out today. Still no electricity, and living in a hotel as of today. Telling us Wednesday at the earliest to get power. I took a few days away from work to hunt, and this storm hits. Just my luck. I feel like they are moving all around my spot right now, but I'm tending to more important things, or so my wife says...

I hope to hit the woods again this weekend, but unfortunately the inlaws will be visiting. That still not stopping my morning jaunts..
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zmonster:
Guys it's nice seeing all the action. I got hit WAY hard by me. Just got plowed out today. Still no electricity, and living in a hotel as of today. Telling us Wednesday at the earliest to get power. I took a few days away from work to hunt, and this storm hits. Just my luck. I feel like they are moving all around my spot right now, but I'm tending to more important things, or so my wife says...

I hope to hit the woods again this weekend, but unfortunately the inlaws will be visiting. That still not stopping my morning jaunts..
Sorry to hear what happened to you,especially about the inlaws!

Good luck and hope things turn around quick.
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
Casey,

Keep your chin up.  Hope it's not the NJ inlaws, if so, better make some tree stand time, you will need it.  

I hope to be calling you this weekend to swap hunting and harvesting stories.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
3 hour sit this afternoon, 3 crows,3 squirrels. and a mole is what I saw!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
Had a mess of action yesterday. No shots taken. Court, lawn mowing and other necessary evils killed hunting today. Maybe Friday. Things are gonna kick into high gear in a little bit.   :pray:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
I have off Wed. and Fri.    :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©