3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters  (Read 13577 times)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Nice buck, Bob.  

That's what I'm a askin for.    :pray:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
Saw a nice 18'' 8 pt. tonight,he came to only 40 yds.i was on the ground with my asat leafy suit on,never saw me but, the wind shifted and he left.Ground hunting has been fun.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Nice buck Bob! Congratulations!
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: November 04, 2011, 04:20:00 AM »
Back from Wyoming. Had a great hunt & got within 13 yards of a very nice 4 by 5. Problem was I had no shot until 3 minutes after legal shooting light. Ended up shooting a 200lb crotch horn the last day @ over 200 yards with the rifle. Meat in the freezer. Brother & I both filled our antelope tags with the rifles as well. Back to it with the bow here in NY this weekend. Congrats to all who have filled tags & good luck to all of us with uncut tags.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: November 04, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
Thanks guys. The best week of the year is right around the corner.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: November 04, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
Great buck, Bob!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: November 04, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
saw a half dozen does scurrying around this morn, all out of range, never did see the guy stirring them up. this afternoon, two does and a young buck trailing them, still just out of range.

tommorrow will be cold but should provide good action!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: November 04, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
The north wind really kicked butt tonight. Couldn't believe how strong. Sat for 3 hrs and all I saw was around 20 bushy tails. Carried 3 judos in the backquiver...made good use of them. Never did connect....but I did scare the crap out of a few.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: November 04, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
Saw four bucks today had a nice one in to 15 yards but he was quartering towards me so i had to pass the shot. I also had some turkeys but they never came closer than about 30 yards. All on the ground, my stands have gone dry so I'm getting mobile.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
Nice buck , congrats Bob   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: November 04, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Sat from 3-6:30 PM-by the time I left I was stiff as a board! Couldn't have pulled off a shot if I wanted to.  Didn't see much of anything.  Chick-a-dees, blue jays, nothin' else.  Need to plant some food plots, not much food to draw them in here.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
i'm headed out in the morning for 5 hours or so.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
Good luck ADK..Catskill, I agree.. my usual hotspots are stone cold this season. The mast crop was poor and I don't know where they've been feeding. Finally on Wednesday I saw some chasing...but at 75yds so there was no shot opportunity. I'm back out on Tues next week and then again Wed and hopefully Fri. I hope the rut is really going...havent seen a single scrape or rub in my usual haunts so far. Will be trying some new ares within the park boundaries...fingers crossed.

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2011, 12:40:00 AM »
So, I missed a nice buck this afternoon. I was walking out to my stand area and saw two big deer up ahead of me near where my stand was. The one farther away was definitely a buck but the one closer I couldn't see the head. So seeing both deer I decided to shed my pack, crouch and move forward a bit. After moving 20 yds closer the deer closer to me went into the woods on my right. I decided to pull the grunt out of the pack and gave a couple grunts on that thing and immediately the deer started moving through the brush in front of me and to the right. So, I got ready expecting the deer to pop out nearby and sure enough he did. Nice rack and only 8 - 10 yds in front of me!

By the time he came out of the woods fully I was at full draw, hit my anchor and then watched the arrow fly about 1 - 2" above the back of this buck. He ducked a little bit but as I watched the arrow fly over the back I knew that I hadn't picked a spot! This is my first year with a recurve but I KNOW better!

To make matters worse, he jumped a little and then came back to watch me only about 10 yds away. I was able to get another arrow nocked while he snorted at me trying to figure out what I was. I was pretty well hidden in some taller weeds but he could still see something wasn't right. After getting the arrow on I slowly raised my bow but he wasn't going to let me get too far. So, he took off, trying to get downwind of me by moving to my left. I got ready and watched him moving in thick brush off to my left and when he hit the only opening I had in that area I was going to send another arrow, hopefully picking a spot this time. Unfortunately he put his head into that opening, looked right at me and decided it was time to move on. Not terribly spooked but certainly a bit more cautious.

So, I was hoping to report a bloody arrow, instead I have a muddy arrow.

Still, very thankful to God for the opportunity and the blessing of seeing this nice mature deer that close.

Enjoy your day tomorrow folks. I know I'm looking forward to it already!
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pointer:
Good luck ADK..Catskill, I agree.. my usual hotspots are stone cold this season. The mast crop was poor and I don't know where they've been feeding. Finally on Wednesday I saw some chasing...but at 75yds so there was no shot opportunity. I'm back out on Tues next week and then again Wed and hopefully Fri. I hope the rut is really going...havent seen a single scrape or rub in my usual haunts so far. Will be trying some new ares within the park boundaries...fingers crossed.
All the deer we have been on/shooting have been in low swampy areas full of bar berries. That is what most have been feeding on around here. If there are maples in the area dropping their leaves all the better. The deer have been HAMMERING the leaves on the maple limbs that fell during this snow.

I finally took the stick out and tagged a great buck.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=110186

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
whoa..monster six Greg  :thumbsup:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
Sat in a natural blind this morning, called in a 4 point to 20 yards. No shot he stayed in the thick stuff, had two coons fighting and chasing each other. If in they'd would have come closer I would have had a new hat    :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »
Only saw two deer today, A Hoss of a buck pushing a young doe.  Easy come easy go. No shots and for the rest of the day just saw turkeys.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Hey Jim,that coon hat would have looked real good hangin' next to your Stickbowman hat.   ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©