3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters  (Read 13562 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
And this.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
And this.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
I gotta go but Jaimie, you aint right kid. Your killing me with suspense.   :banghead:

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
:coffee:

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
I had a ton of action this morning saw a dozen deer.  Right tree wrong deer.  i had a 4 point pushing a doe that was under my stand for about 20 minutes.  The doe tired of being pushed held up in a deadfall.  The 4 point made every vocalization I think a deer makes.  I heard the growl for the first time.  Just an observation but he did not use the growl as a dominant thing towards other bucks, for them he snort wheezed.  He seemed to be growling at the doe out of frustration, just thought I would share that.  I also got to see a little hooking and jabbing between the little guys.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #405 on: November 11, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »
Goods stories are flowing    :thumbsup:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #406 on: November 11, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
We waited until last light, hoping a doe would show up. Greg was down first, and walked to me. We found blood, and eventually, both halves of my arrow. The autposy revealed both lungs, and the top of the heart. The bh actually made it through the off side shoulder. Not bad for a 52# Shrew sporting 30.5 beman mfx classics with 325 up front. Greg has to  post pics, as I am currently typing in my cell. A greater guide, hunter and friend cannot be found. I love him like a brother, and look forward to many more hunts with him. Thank you Greg. I cannot express how much all you have done is so very much appreciated.   :notworthy:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Way to go Ishi and Izzy!!!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Jamie, Now you HAVE to keep the bow   :readit:    ;)  

Congrats Brother, cant wait to see the pics.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Congrats Jaime and Izzy ! Now lets ee the pictures    :clapper:
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #411 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
Here you go guys. Finally a picture of Jamie's deer!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #412 on: November 11, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I was/am truly under the weather this morning but it was either be sick in bed or in my tree. My cold kept me up most of the night so I was out of the house at 5 and in my tree by 5:45. At 6 a cat came through from my left and wouldnt you know he looked up at me, comoed and as scent free as I could have made myself.

A lot of shooting going on on about a mile over the other side of the mountain with geese flying non stop. At 7:00 I hear noise on my right and here they come, one after another til there were 6 flat tops and I was ready to kill either of the big ones but the oldest, biggest witch of the herd looked right at me and drew the rest of their attention to me. I recognized that old gal right away as she busted me on 10/16 as well. They finally moseyed off further to my right and just kind of lingered 50 yards away for about 15 minutes til they moved on.

I kept watching their backtrail hoping a buck was coming. I turned left watching squirrels for a few when 5 of them scurried up trees at the same time. I knew something was coming but they werent chattering and tail waiving so I was pretty confident it wasnt a predator but a deer.

Sure enough, here comes a 6 on my left nose down on as if on a string. He stopped in a n opening of a stone wall about 15 yards and broad side, yep 15 and broadside. I shoot and looks like hes heart shot from where the arrow seemed to go and runs 10 steps and stops. No bronco kick though, whats wrong? I already have an arrow on the string and when his vitals come out I see no blood and shoot again. Crack, I hit an unseen twig and my arrow eats dirt. The buck walks off and Im not seeing blood on him. He lingers about 50 yards away eating beech and sniffing everything. When he goes out of sight I get down to check for blood. My arrow is clean with a dozen or so white hairs on the ground, I shot lower than I thought.

Im not too bummed cause hes not hurt so back up the tree and settle in. Fifteen minutes later here comes another deer on the same trail as the 6. Stops in the same opening as the 6 but get nervous when he smells where I knelt down to check my arrow. When he turns angling away my arrow is gone and angles from the second rib from the rear into his chest.

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #413 on: November 11, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
I had a great time this week hunting with Jamie and he is like a brother to me as well. We had a blast, managed to stay on the deer which has been no easy feat this week with the full moon and i got to watch him make meat with my old shrew. What an awesome experience.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #414 on: November 11, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
Awesome bro, the smile says a million words. Im very happy for you . Hope your boy was psyched when you brought the deer home.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
After an easy tracking job through the open hemlocks heres what I found. Not my biggest and I passed him on Monday but times running out. I only have 1 more day to hunt before gun season and to be truthful Im thrilled with him and very grateful for this deer. The smallest spike on the right is loose and not attached to the skull but held on by skin. Ill know more when I butcher and skin him. "The Escarpment Stand" does it again. Its the place where Id like my ashes to be spread.

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Come on Izzy, you can't drag this on like Jamie did! Congrats buddy!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
Awesome fellas!  Congrats Jamie, Iz...and Greg for being such a fine guide!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
Awesome Izzy! Congrats!
My boy is totally excited, but getting mad at me because we cant eat it yet. I gotta get it cut up! Lol.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #419 on: November 11, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
The funky spike.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©