3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters  (Read 13534 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
Ron, I think your dressing too warm and sitting in the sun. A fella has a hard time seeing deer when his eyes are closed.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Izzy, I'm not hunting stupid city deer like you!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #482 on: November 15, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
City deer huh? I wish they were stupid, Id be done hunting with a full freezer.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #483 on: November 15, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
The deer up here cranked up today ! Saw five bucks hit in the road today and a big guy standing in a cut corn feild with that glare in his eyes. My wife went to town this morning and another big one was standing like a statue in the yard of a hunting camp around the corner. If there is anyway you can hunt tommorrow I think it may be the best day of the season. Good Luck
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #484 on: November 15, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
I really feel the Flu coming on   :readit:    :bigsmyl:    .  May have to start using my sick days.   :dunno:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #485 on: November 15, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Yes, they are foes, as well as does. Today was interesting. To hot for great movement but had a little action. Went north with the rifle this morning. Nothing happening there. Went to the range to check zero on one rifle I fell with coming off the mtn in WY. Still right on & checked my other rifle. Glad I did. It was shooting 10" high at 100yds. Went south with the bow for the afternoon/evening. Busted one going in @ 1:30. Got up the tree with my climber & a doe decoy about 30yds upwind of me. 4 pm I hear a deer in the pond behind me. 20 minutes later here comes the same little 6pt I passed the other day. He is standing 10 yards from me staring at the deke. About 5 minutes goes by & he turns to leave. I hit the bleat can & he spun right around to stare at the deke again. Not sure why I didn't shoot him but passed on him again. Saw 4 other deer but nothing else in range. He will not be as lucky Friday or after gun opens. Friday evening is it for me then the guns come out. Hunting with a pistol this year. Good luck to all.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
I'm starting to think I'm the only guy hunting in NY thats not seeing many deer...its getting very frustrating   :banghead:
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #487 on: November 16, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Fred, you are not alone......your not seeing many, I'm not seeing any! Frustrating is a gross understatement!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #488 on: November 16, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Guy's I hunted many days in a row and saw no deer but other days I saw plenty. They just seemed to be in different areas this year. Areas with standing corn seemed to be the best.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by 1/4 away:
I'm starting to think I'm the only guy hunting in NY thats not seeing many deer...its getting very frustrating    :banghead:  
I'm seeing them, unfortunately I keep missing them.    :banghead:    :banghead:
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #490 on: November 16, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Standing corn   :saywhat:      :biglaugh:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Fred, You're not alone...I've gone 7 hunts in the two weekends without seeing a single deer!Things a very wierd for me this fall. Since deer season started I've not seen or heard a turkey!

It can all change in a second....keep the faith!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #492 on: November 16, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
I also have not seen turkeys like most years, I had a close encounter opening weekend and have not seen one since....strange......

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #493 on: November 16, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
They can't even grow corn where you hunt Ron ? That is a sad state of affairs for sure. I haven't seen any turkeys either come to think of it , hhhmmm may be something to that.
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #494 on: November 16, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
Guru & Ron, well at least I'm in good company. Had plenty of turkey, deer and even a couple of coyotes on the trail cams prior to the season but since opening day the deer have been scarce and the turkey seem to have vanished. Nothing on the property I hunt has changed so I've been chalking it up to the warm weather for the lack of movement and the lack of sign.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #495 on: November 16, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
You"re not the only ones! Since I got laid off I've been hunting almost every day. I've seen two deer, one I jumped from there bed (scared the crap from both of us) second was in my old hunting area in Pharsalia. I did not see what either was. I'm going back to Michigan Swamp (Pharsalia, NY)tomorrow and Friday. Changing tactics and equipment. Dusting off my HBO and matching arrows taking them out for the end of early bow season.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #496 on: November 16, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Ive been seeing deer pretty steadily in every area Ive hunted this year, even ran into some in the real  big woods Adirondacks which isnt always the case. I even think there are more deer in some areas than last year but turkey, whats the deal??? I havent seen or heard one while hunting. Even in some back yards and wood lots in town where I see up to 30 birds on a regular basis theyve been absent. Cant recall such a thing to this degree.   :dunno:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #497 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Drew, we have corn but not where I hunt....what is here was cut a month ago. Most areas I hunt the major crop is rocks...........

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #498 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
The deer have to be eating something and whatever it is in your area that is were you want to be. If your just hunting the same ol places then you need to switch it up.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #499 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Believe me Jim, I know that    ;)
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©