3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Luck NY Bowhunters  (Read 13515 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Luck NY Bowhunters
« Reply #540 on: November 22, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Izzy saw 2 of the big ones a few more times. One was killed by Grumpys buddy opening day of the big bang season. The big 11pt. is still going! My season was hot until the 5th. or 6th. of Nov. than the actual breeding began and it shut down. Been terrible for 2 weeks now, saw a few monsters but nothing close. Still hunting in the bow only area but had surgery Friday and it has slowed me some. Did not get back to truck until 530 tonight due to my slow walking. A true PIA!! Gonna be at it again in the am. if the rain is not too bad. I killed a nice 2.5 year old early with my Belcher/Border combo and passed 15 different small bucks early but have only had 3 deer in bow range in the last 2.5 weeks. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #541 on: November 22, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
I hear ya bro, had surgery myself today. Should cure my chronic sinus troubles. I should be back in the woods with my old Zipper this Saturday or Sunday. Please tell me that white racked 8 isnt dead.   :pray:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #542 on: November 22, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Yup, he is dead! The big 11, that was with him is still alive. I will send ya a pic. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #543 on: November 23, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Great Guys.

Hello Shawn,  Congrats on your deer.

Izzy, I will ahve to talk with you about your surgury. I think I will need it someday and have been putting it off.

I will be at the Pinebush this weekend again with bow in hand. I think I have figured them out but you know how that goes  :banghead:    :biglaugh:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #544 on: November 23, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Heding out in an hour or so, my buddy saw a big 8pt at 830 this morning standing under one of my stands. Maybe he bedded nearby and he will walk by me this afternoon! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #545 on: November 23, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
The surgery was a breeze Charlie. Felt 100% better right off the bat. I can smell and taste already. Gonna lay off for a couple more days then be back in the woods. May even hit the Pine Bush. Good luck Shawn, put em down.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #546 on: November 23, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Good luck guys and have a great Thanksgiving!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #547 on: November 28, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
OK its been 5 days since anyone has been here.

Has anyone been out the last week with a bow?

I went out yesterday but didn't see anything. I had a good feeling but nothing transpired.

I did however find an excellent tree to sit. It's only downfall is lack of cover but you can get up pretty far and there is a large dead branch that helps break up up a little.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
I finally got out 2 hrs yesterday and today. Had two twin 4 pts walk by me at 15 yds. They look like two year old deer real slick....but...we are QDM here, 3 pt or better per side. Had to let them walk.

Still have 2 tags left...maybe next week I'll be able to get out more. I figure next few weeks should have the bucks getting antsy again and start some chasing.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #549 on: November 28, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Larry sounds good to me ! I would even give you a steak.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #550 on: November 29, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Hunted with my longbow in Letchwoth Park on fri. Almost shot a doe but she spooked on me, fun to hunt with a bow during gun season.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #551 on: November 29, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Went out with my 67' Bear and some cedars today even tho it is gun season. Did some scouting and found a good spot for late bow.......then at another spot I found something disturbing. 4 deer in a pile, all short faced skippers, all bucks. They had the best cuts of meat removed and the horns had been cut off with a saw at the bases. The best they could have been was spikes or small forks, the bases of the horns were only 1/2" in diameter. I left the area with a sick feeling and I'm not sure I will return. This was on public land in a county forest. Really sad!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #552 on: November 29, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
I'd definitely be reporting that one to the DEC. Hopefully they will keep a close eye on the area and find out who did that.

That makes me really sad as well.
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Yeah, definately report it to the DEC.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Been pretty sick the last week, devoloped a bad infection after my surgery. I feel much better today and even though Cindy is having a fit, I am gonna go to my bow-only area and hunt this afternoon. No climbing yet, but I have a ladder stand that is only a few rungs and I am gonna sit that. It overlooks a cornfield and will provide a very close shot of 5-6 yards in any direction. Wish me luck I am going buggy sittin in the house. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #555 on: November 30, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Good luck Shawn. Didnt know about your current surgery bud glad you are feeling good enough to hunt.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #556 on: November 30, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Go git em Shawn. Holler at me if you need someone to track and drag.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #557 on: November 30, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Izzy, I may do that! Hope no tracking involved on close shots like I will get here, but dragging I cannot do at all. Shootin anything I see today. I have to get back in the game. Gonna shower at 230 and head out, I doubt I can sit for more than 1.5hrs due to the nature of my surgery. I had a repair done on my ass for those who don't know and developed a massive infection and was pretty sick for the last week. I recieved a massive does of anti-biotics and am taking more daily. I know I should stay home but cannot stand it anymore. I will post how I did when I get home! Thanks! Shawn
Shawn

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #558 on: November 30, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Good luck and go slow!

Nothing like fresh deer liver to get your strength back.    :thumbsup:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #559 on: November 30, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Found out today that the old doe that busted my b###s all season is probably still alive. Shes given other hunters, wheel and gun the same trouble as well as late as Thanksgiving morning according to my buddy who owns the farm she resides on. Ill try for her again after gun season. Ive named her "Karen" after my ma in law cause shes so onery , always giving you the evil eye and sticks her nose all in your business. Almost hate to drop a string on that old doe.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©