3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back to Metal  (Read 793 times)

Offline 8leg-lover

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back to Metal
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Agree with Guru 100%. They're tools. Almost every bow I acquire promptly gets a 1/8" hole drilled in the side of the riser for an arrow holder. Functionality is the name of the game!
Carl Kossuth

"Currently shooting whatever strikes my fancy"

"PERFECT practice makes perfect"

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
I prefer metal.  But then again I also like to shoot vanes off a flipper rest with a plunger.

Offline Gary Greene

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
I think you should shoot what you like. I shoot both and enjoy them.Both work fine. I don't beat up my bows,but use them. When you hunt you are bound to put some marks in them.I shot cold compounds for years and I am still here to talk about it. Right now I am shooting wooden longbow for hunting and having a blast.

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
I thought my Wapiti longbow was the best bow for me until I bought a Hoyt Dorado. I like how I can adjust the sideplate for accurate tuning and it performed flawlessly when I took my first buck. It might not be the prettiest bow but it sure is accurate. Its virtually bomb proof.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
I shoot and like the variety of ways I can setup my metal risers (Daala, TAC firefly) with dryad longbow limbs. The daala has a plastic/rubber grip which can be changed out from high to extra low. The TAC a rubber grip.In front of the grips of both I cover the metal with velcro so my hand & fingers don't touch the metal. I personally like the looks of either bow and the risers are pretty much bombproof.

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by getstonedprimitivebowhunt:
...whats so wrong with a a bow that has "battle scars" Its a bow with so many story's! Let'm live. Bows that sit in the bow rack..loose value in such many other ways. think about that. Just do your best to keep them safe.
Amen! I only really shoot 1 bow now and while I try as hard as possible to keep it from getting scatched up, I know it will as anything that you use will. A bow is a tool to me although I would consider my longbow my most important and loved tool. It is there to be used. If I wasn't going to shoot it and hunt with it I would never have bought it.
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©