3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eaglewing TD longbow  (Read 489 times)

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Eaglewing TD longbow
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Sixby finished this bow for me earlier in the year, but due to a move and a hectic life, I've been unable to get pics to post. I have more pics, but my computer isn't wanting to load them right now, so I'll post 'em later.

This bow is 62" long and is 62@28. The riser is made with a phenolic I-beam, figured tigerwood, and rosewood. The limbs are double carbon with carbon foam cores. I've only put a few 650 grain arrows through the chrony, and they are averaging 190 fps.  The surprising thing about this bow is that it feels like I'm drawing 54-55#. It is, by far, the smoothest drawing bow I own. Although it is apples and oranges, when I shoot it side by side with a 58" 62@28 Dye recurve, it is quieter and has considerably less handshock, even though its mass weight is lighter. As soon as my banker (wife) stops watching ye olde bank acct so carefully, I'm gonna hafta get Steve to make me one of these with belly-mounted limbs that's [email protected] when I get older.  :saywhat:  

This is my third bow from Sixby...and they just keep getting better!
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eaglewing TD longbow
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Wish we could see a photo of the bow strung up Ken
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
I'm trying...just can't get it to load right now!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Steve certainly builds beautiful bows, and shooters too judging by the reviews. That's a sweet one.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Sure would be nice to see Steve's bows at KaZoo or Compton's!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
I've been looking at Steve's bows for a while. He makes a great looking bow.

I will order one as soon as work starts back up in the spring. His hunter model is perfect for a no frills Guy like Myself.

Great looking bow You have there Andy.    :thumbsup:

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. I was anticipating Andys findings. I have to admit I am very pleased with them. If the chrono readings hold up I am also surprised. I did not expect a medium d and r to be that quick.
Andy has been telling me how happy he is with that bow. I will be sending some more of them out very quickly and get some more results. This new carbon I am using and the foam core is a great combination.
I hope those pics will load of the strung bow. Its real close to a D. At least the ones I have here right now are. I don't remember what Andy's looks like.
God bless you all and have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Steve

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
Has to be the fastest bow ever built!!
190 w/ 10+ grs per # @ 28'' w/ fingers!!!!
increditable.

Offline Stoutstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
Sure love the looks of those Sixby bows. Steve has got them shooting well with those Carbon limbs...

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
I have been looking at one of steves bows for a long time and I do believe it is one of the finest crafted bows out there. I believe the speeds

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
I'm going to do some more chrony work, because 190 fps with >10 gpp seems fast to me, too. Even if that doesn't hold, no matter, 'cuz the bow is mucho plenty fast and smooth. Makes my eyes happy to look at it, too!  :jumper:  

And I'll have to retake my pics...I cropped them too narrow, according to the computer, and it won't load them. I haven't ever run into this problem before, but oh well. Will get some more pics up as soon as I can, including a strung profile pic.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Overbo:Has to be the fastest bow ever built!!
190 w/ 10+ grs per # @ 28'' w/ fingers!!!!
increditable
I agree in part. I take exception to fastest. Thats always open to discussion. Incredible,. Yep it sure is.
I know bowyers that build bows that fast and I know other bowyers that are at this time developing new bows that break the status quo. I make no claims to fastest bows. I do say that God has blessed me with many reports just like this one. He has also blessed me with some of the greatest friends and customers in the world.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Steve, my buddy used to build bows and always said his bows were the second fastest in the world, because everyone else claimed theirs were the fastest! We need more tech reports/reporters that are reliable to keep and inventory bow facts.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Owlbait,
Your buddy was a wise man. As to testing.
 Customers do that job very well. When you have customers that have the best bows in the world and comparing them all , You either make the grade or not and the will let you know. Thats really where the rubber hits the road.

It doesn't bother me what people that have never shot or even seen one of my bows think all that much.
However you can ask anywone that has bought one of my bows and they will tell you that what they think is extremely important. They are the real sounding boards and I listen to them.

God bless you all and have a great Thanksgiving. Steve

Offline Kid's Pastor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Just ordered mine today!

Steve lives in the same town, and is only 10 minutes away from my house. This could become extremely stressful on my marriage;)

God bless,and Happy Thanksgiving
Paul

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
I don't give marriage counceling with my bows. LOL

God bless you , Steve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Well Steve ... that's a mighty good looking riser there. Well done my friend. i sure would like to see it strung up myself.   Kirk

Offline Kid's Pastor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
I don't give marriage counceling with my bows. LOL

God bless you , Steve

That's alright Steve, I have some counselling classes under my belt, but I have learned in my 25 years of marriage it is better to hide. I just want to hide up in the mountains with my new bow   :archer2:  

Thanks again for being patient with me on my order.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
Paul

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »
No problem Paul. If I were not patient I would sure be doing something else. Patience helps possess the soul. With patience possess ye your souls. It is something that is aquired and taught to us. Few are born with it and few ever attain it. I thought I had learned patience checkering and building gunstocks. Then I started building bows. Then I had my grandson move in with us. Suddenly lights came on Bro. There is patience and then there is patience.
One thing I have learned. When you wait on the Lord and trust Him everything takes a lot less patience. (grin)
Kirk, Thanks Bro, I am sure Andy will come up with some pics. I took a bunch but somehow cannot find them.
God bless you all,

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
I should have some time Thursday or Friday to retake pics. Hopefully, I'll get more chrony work done, too. There's even a remote chance I might get some blood on an arrow this weekend, too!
  :goldtooth:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©