3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Forward" handle D shaped Hill bows...  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Forward" handle D shaped Hill bows...
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
anymore pics?
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
I'll have some of my new JD Berry forward handled "Hill" now shortly. I should have it in the not to far future
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Online 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
My Liberty Classic handle riser looks very close to Ric's pic and with the string follow limbs is a very sweet shooter.  I too like the look of my HH Wesley special but it is not as easy or nice to shoot well.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
EagleWing Frontier 66. Carbon , NO shock to speak of , String follow, Carbon backed, Very fast for any D bow.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
very cool.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
BTW guys. See the brace on that bow. 6 1/2 inches. forward riser does not mean you cannot have a low brace. No power loss there.;
God bless you, Steve

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
Steve from now on before you post a pic of the frontier you need to give a guy a warning.  It gets harder and harder not to buy one they just look to much fun

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Glenn, not as fast as your bows but everyone that has one loves it. I gotta shorten em up though. Its costing a bunch to ship these onepiece bows now. LOL
I have actually been thinking about sending them out as a glue together two piece with no warranty.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
HA!

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
Jim Belcher has the original forms for the Massie forward handle bow. I talked to Jim the other day and he is going to build me another bow off of the original form. Additionally, I just sent "Sweet Sue" up to Jim for him to examine.

The forward handle was the only bow that Jeff Massie built for several years and (trust me) Jeff had the design "down pat".
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline deaddoc4444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Best shooting , most accurate   D long Bow I EVER owned was a forward handle model > I ordered it that way !   Was   sweet for the first 150 shots or so then it exploded . LUCKILY   it did that right in front of the guy who built it .  SO I got my money back and a small cut on the forehead .
  PROBABLY not the fault of the bowyer . At the time  ( Late 80s ) there was a lot of bad Glue/Epoxy gong around and a lot of bows were commimg apart.
    WAS  very fast and VERY forgiving  while it lasted . ALWAYS appreciated forward handle bows since then  recurve or  long bow .
HH Big 5 71# @29
Damon Howatt/Hunter 50@28
Damon Howatt/Ventura 45@28
Damon Howatt/Bushmaster 60@28
Leon Stewart/Slammer 52@28
BIG EAST  45@28
Fedora Xtreme/Hybrid 50@28
   "Leiber Hammer als Amboss"

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
I've had a Northwind Gem (which I'm still kicking myself for trading it, and would like it back.) I also owned a Northern Mist Whisper. I like bow also but the poundage was a little much.
I keep watching the classifieds for any forward handle longbow that meets my specs, someday!!  :D    :D

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
I have a Northern Mist Whisper that I'm really pleased with!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
I started not to post this because what bow shoots good for a person is such a individual thing and everyone has his or her favorite but I got a NM whisper a couple of months ago and I shoot it better than any Hill style bow I have and probably equal to my old standby 21st Century bow.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
I talked to James at JD berry today and he should be working on my forward handled American bow , he has named it "Morningstar" , real soon. I'll post pics after I get it. I am getting excited

Offline typical2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
I have shot the Northern Mist Whisper and it is a very good shooting accurate bow.  It inspired this bow.  And Steve calls the Whisper a "reverse" handle so that was good enough for me.  Doesn't really matter what we call them i guess.

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
I have had two whispers and both were great bows. Love reverse handled longbows. Brian really excited to see that new JD. Berry reverse handle. Love berry bows, his american style bows are awesome. I have a vixen and a misty dawn, gonna have to add a morning star to the rack. Lol need more room

Offline ScouterMike

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Outdoors Den
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
My NM Whisper is always my goto hunting bow. The design just hits where you looking and is very quiet.
Rom 1:20

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one that really appreciates the forward handle bow, no matter who makes them.

:thumbsup:
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »

The New JD Berry Morningstar

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©