3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why so many bows?  (Read 1205 times)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why so many bows?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
I've got (in order) the first new bow I ever bought (for hunting) but now it's on the light side, which may work out as I'm heading back down.  The solid one I got a great deal on that's got good memories.  The longbow I keep just so I have a longbow.  The whimpy lightweight that is good for bunnies.  The zebrawood riser bow that's just too pretty to sell even though it isn't particularly outstanding at anything else (good loaner).  The long recurve with massive riser that shoots great but is heavy.  The short recurve that is near the same draw weight but handier in a tree or blind, though it has the occasional "brain fart" stray arrow.  And finally the heavy draw weight recurve that was bought new and hits hard, though I'm currently shooting less draw weight.  Might need it as a back-up or for exercise.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Why does someone have/collect vintage cars, firearms, antiques...etc?? I think it is because that is what that person enjoys, and likes to surround themselves with.  I know a guy who collects and restores old outboard boat motors, not my cup of tea, but he thoroughly enjoys sitting for hours tinkering in his shop and messing with them.  My father is the same way with scales, has a whole section of his workshop devoted to displaying them.  So with me and many others on this site, its bows. I have a wall full of them in my basement man cave.  I like having them, tinkering with them, getting them all tuned...etc.  It's just my thing.  My wife actually likes my love affair with bows, she says I'm never more content than when I'm messing with my bows, she just smiles watching me do something I enjoy, and knowing I could be spending my time doing a lot worse things.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Joe Subler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Just my way of trying to spur on the economy!!

Joe
62" Mohawk  53#@27"

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
My back up bows, need back up bows.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
Because I want to support US economy and love them all and I have a full admiration for the bowyers.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
We're only allowed one true love in a woman.  (At least at the same time  ;)  )
But on beautiful bows there are no such limitations.  I love them all equally!  :biglaugh:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
To some it up, the best bow is my next one and the ones I have are to good to part with. LOL     SO MANY BOWS SO LITTLE TIME
                     :archer2:
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Shortlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
I have a 1966 Kodiak, a hill style long bow, a mild r/d d shape, a hybrid, a take down recurve, and an acs on the way. Now I need a HH or three and a good self bow. I enjoy shooting them all. My first bow kill was with the old Kodiak. It's all I really NEED, but they all have their charm.
Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
I just like the feel of certain bows made by certain bowyers.Ten of my eleven bows are made by Howard Hill Archery(3) or Jeff Massie (7). I have different bows for different hunting or shooting situations. I have travel bows(4 TD models), 3-D bows( longer/lower poundge), tree stand bows or tite cover bows(shorter models) and a 60" pop up blind bow. I also own one Massie recurve, which I don't shoot very often cause I'm a longbow guy, but I have one in case I feel the urge. They can all interchange and I have a back-up for each need except for my recurve. Thats my story and I'm keeping to it. Happy Holidays.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
hey whip I like that .

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
I didn't want my bows to feel outnumbered by the long guns in the gun safe.
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Every bow I've owned is at least a little bit different. So...the quest to find the "one" is at play.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Every one is different. I'm just caught up in it all.
Just like having to see whats over that next ridge........
David M. Conroy

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
I like them....I have always liked them , I will continue to like them. Bows are fun to shoot, they are fun to look at,and they are fun to hunt with. There are pretty ones, ugly ones, good shooters and bad shooters. Ones that feel good when you hold them and that do not. A lot like people.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins!

... mike ...  :D  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline getstonedprimitivebowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
...maybe were just ...CRAZY"!
"when  "words" are controled ...so are we !"

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Many good reasons already listed that are mine as well. Not only are they fun to shoot but they decorate my man room, actually man house, I live alone   :D , very well. I have bows for all ages in left and right handed because rarely does one come to visit they do not end up shooting one of them. I have sold some and given away others. I have in the past few years made a few self bows and will be making more, Good Lord willing. Like others I like finding old bows and restoring them so my inventory is always fluctuating around 25-30 bows.

For myself I have bows I prefer for shooting 3D courses, bows for turkey hunting, bows for deer hunting, and bows for pig hunting. Heck, I have bows I just like to see hanging on the wall.   ;)

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
I'm no psychologist!

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
I have three identical bows with different woods.  To many gorgeous woods to have only one.  Tricia says I am restricted to one woman for life.  I play the field with my bows.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
I like building them.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©