3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It took a While...........  (Read 927 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
It took a While...........
« on: July 15, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
......but we finally did it!

You guy might remeber this thread,but if not here it is:
  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=046312#000000  

Since that day we've gotten together to "fish" several more times. Always talking about how nice it would be to all get at least one fish so we could have a picture of all 3 of us holding a fish we shot in the picture.

The next time we went,Gary shot another carp on his walk down to the "hotspot".......

And we saw another fawn.....

If I recall correctly, Tim had a fish or 2 "get away"......Here's Tim at work(sorry for the poor quality pic,camera issues).....

I'll be back......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It took a While...........
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »
Cool, I think we are going to see some more fish in this one......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Nice Curt.Is that the upper Hudson or the Delaware?

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
What river?

That picture looks mystical!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
Guru great pics. The pic of the fawn is awesome.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Wallkill River......I love that picture,but am very disappointed that it came out the way it did....

.....Another time Tim took this pic of me while he was paddling the canoe...

I don't think we killed anything that day.

I did kill a carp at another spot after work with a AMS reel that Mark Land of Muzzy sent me. What a difference from my old wind-on!

Forth of July we got together again in the morning. While Gary and I were watching tim out in the water, This little fella walked by us within' 5 ft........

Tim doing his carp dance(note the arrow out of the water,in a fish).....

That brings us to yesterday.......
Curt } >>--->   

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing Curt, cool pics
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
Sweet, wish I could of been there!! I may tag along as a camera man in the weeks to come!!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline fish theotherone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
nice pictures! youd be lynched over here shooting carp! guys pay £50.00 ($100.00) a day to catch and release carp like those!
one day ille get to flatirons place!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love the "stalking" picture in the evening or is it morning mist, just an all around good pic.  Thanks for sharing

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Very cool.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Really nice pics Curt! Thanks a lot! Now I think I've had my plans changed for the day. I'll no longer be mowing the lawn, weeding the flower beds, raking leaves or painting the house. Gotta go tell Debbie I'm going BOWFISHING!  :scared:  

:goldtooth:  CK

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
As always, good pics and story.

I hope there is more coming?
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Email Sent Curt

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Curt, you gotta get a new job as a photographer somewhere.Those pics are awesome.Glad you guys are having fun.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
Thanx guys.....

Jake, Morning mist.....

Tim Schoenborn's in the process of fixing that pic for me right now.....It's gonna look great!  Thanks again Tim    :notworthy:

Herk, I think I have the "eye" for it,just need the knowledge,and $ for good equipment...this is just a little Sony pocket camera.

....Where were we......Met up with Gary and Tim at there place at 5:30 as usual....got to the river to find a lot of fish tailing/feeding. But the stalking was very tough as usual. Most fish either disappear before you get into position, spook as you do, or sometimes you just flat out can't see them in the water.....

Tim was out in the water at his "dancing" spot(had one or two quick shots),as gary and I waked the back. Gary spotted a fish up ahead of us and let me go for him. The carp was real hard to see as I stalked closer to the edge of the water in the waist high weeds. Gary could see better than me and was my spotter. We both lost him but we stayed in place and waited......

.....a couple minutes later he tailed almost right in front of me,but quickly was out of sight again....seconds later he surfaced about 5yds in front of me......

....Then it was like someone flipped the switch and we didn't see another active carp on the way back up to where we started.

We jumep in the truck and drove a little ways to a spot where they know they lay in a deep run under a bridge.......Gary and I spotted for Tim from the bridge,we saw a bunch of fish,but visibility was poor from Tim's angle.....

Not ready to quit yet,we headed back to make another "float"........
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
Re-touched photo by Tim Schoenborn.......

...since I already had a fish, this time I paddled while Tim was the shooter. Gary was gonna hang around shore by a little pool where carp were known to loaf around.

The sun was high and visiblity was better now for the canoe.  Wasn't long before Tim had a couple shots,but didn't connect. These weren't easy shots at all, tough at best.

Then we saw a tailing fish and did all we could to back up the canoe and float over toward it. As we aproached the area we'd seen it Timmy drew and shot in a flash and his arrow was streaking away!

We could tell the shot was forward in the fish,just behind the lips. But before we could get another arrow into it, it pulled free. Tim wasn't happy   :banghead:

So we headed back upstream toward where we started for our last try. We saw a few and spooked a few,and we were running out of water.

Then Tim had an arrow out of the bow and into a fish before I could blink! He'd made a great shot on a fleeing fish and we could see his arrow had good penetration, in a good spot. This fish was up to the challenge,with some amazing runs! Tim had to bail,fall out of the canoe to get in the water to fight this one. After a very noble battle Tim brought the 12#'er to shore.  It was very cool to be there to be witness it all.......

That was two down,now we just had to hope Gary had had some action.......He'd seen us shoot and out of nowhere he showed up on the shoreline. He figured "we needed someone that knew what they were doing down here"....We had a good laugh at that one!

The all nonchalant he mentioned something about a fish he'd shot at....we instantly lit up waiting for the story....He'd had a shot and the fish took off upsteam with his arrow and got off somehow(maybe he'll come on with more detail).

So we went from thinking we'd have our 3'fer picture...to now being a little bad for Gary's fish getting off....then he finishes the story.

Apparently a little while later while Gary waited in the same spot, here came his fish,not doing well at all from his shot, rolling/swimming down toward him. Another well placed shot and he had his fish...what are the chances of that!!

We'd done it...we were finally three for three!!

I was there to witness Tim's fish first hand, and got to hear Gary tell his amazing story!

Just want to take the time now to publicly thank Gary and Tim for filling my summer with some unforgettable memories. I look forward to many more...Thank You
Curt } >>--->   

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
Good stuff, bowfishing in one of the hardest things that an instinctive shooter can learn...
holding "off" the target is tough to do.
nice pics. :)
BD

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
hey curt, great write up of all our adventures (so far...) man that picture came out awesome, i made it my background, thanks alot Tim.

did i read we might get a camera man!?!?! lol hope you can join us sometime shawn.

no need to thank anyone we love it that you come down and enjoy the river with us like you said " this is just too much fun" if that is possible...

the other thanks will go to this site because with out it we might have missed out on another year between muzzy shoots.

hope we can keep the good times coming and maybe do some more "dancing" and  "half falls" outta the canoe (things get ugly when i got a fish on sometimes)

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »
Great pics!  Thanks for sharing.  That second one is a natural for any trad calender.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©