3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Absorkee Quiver from Farr West Leather Couple of updates added on page 3  (Read 562 times)

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
It was talked about in another thread, put up by Mark Baker! The response has been fantastic!!!  
Well finally, I got a finished model done and this is pretty much what they are going to look like!

These feature a hood that extends out past the foam, a bit, here is a full welt under the foam to protect the stiching from being cut by a razor sharp broadhead.  They come with a Quiver Caddy Bracket, and the nuts and screws to put it together, yes some assembly is required.        :)         After completion they get a good coat of Montana Pitch Blend inside and out.  The components, foam and arrow gripper are from Selway Archery, so if ever needed they can be relaced easily.  Will be getting them listed in the Sponsor's Classifieds soon.  From now till Christmas they will be selling for $135.00 shipped in the good ol'e USA, after Christmas they will be going up a little bit.
Thanks for looking!!
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Absorkee Quiver from Farr West Leather Couple of updates added on page 3
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
I will likely order one. How about adding an optional knife sheath on the vertical (similiar to your arm guards) for added bling and function!?

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
Looks pretty good to me!!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
It is very nice.I second the optional knife sheath.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Putting a knife on them like the armguards is something that has bee  mentioned and am in the process of thinking it out, will probably come out with that one this spring, or early next year.
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 01:40:00 AM »
Thats a Beauty Tim, i might have to get one of those
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
dat looks mighty nice.  i want one.  i ordered one.  :D
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Any chance of  aluminum inserts ?

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Tim,
     Sent you a PM

Pat
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Yea that is a sharp lookin quiver and an interesting desighn   :thumbsup:

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Here is the link to the other thread about this quiver in case anyone wants to see more photos of this quiver being worn, different angles etc.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=110505#000000

I think I will have to get me one...

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Thought I would bring this back up to the top.  I received mine in yesterday's mail.  It is everything Tim says - and probably more.  A very well designed quiver -- and I'm looking forward to some test runs in the very near future.  For you lefties out there -  I got the 'first' left hand production model. . .ha!  
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Those look good Tim. You better make a bunch of those for Portland, I have a feeling they will be going fast  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
I believe I can lay claim to the first critter taken using one of these fine quivers.....

Mine is a tad-bit different, and the "tester" model...but I like it, and I think Tim has tweaked in some great improvements.    He has taken all the great qualities of the tried and true Quiver Caddy/Kwikee system, that I've used for decades now, and with a little input and persuasion on my part and his nack for taking an idea and making something out of it, turning out a top-notch leather and handcrafted product all of us trad guys can be proud to carry.  

My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks!
Hope that is the first of many harvest pictures!!   :archer2:
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Can't wait to get mine...

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Tim, is that a belt loop or clip? Any chance of seeing the back side of the quiver?
Ron
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
Looks like a great idea, but I think I would like to have the option to swivel it up a bit, in case I was sitting against something, or something like that. Maybe a swivel joint under tension that has 1 or 2 detent stops. I bet it works great for 95% of hunting situations, but one of the things I love about my side stalker is that I can swing it up around behind my back for field walking and, say, carrying a stand or seat, and down to my side for moving through thick stuff.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
No quiver is the "end-all" problem solved answer.....we all know that.   The "angle" is very well vetted, and it was one thing I warned Tim about that folks would "complain" or whine about.   It does'nt look like "chucks" or the myriad of others out there.   But it is the "best" angle, and there is no "moving" swivel part to break....it's bombproof!  Period.  And the beauty of a hang-on quiver caddy is that you just swivel it on your waist as you need or remove it....the EASIEST on/off quiver out there!  That's my claim, and I have'nt found a better one.  

The "thing" I hate about side quivers is that annoying strap that adds to the already tangled mess around my neck....now that may not bother most, but with pack straps, binos, calls, grunt tubes....it is quite a mess already.  

It's funny, before I came out with the quiver caddy, I wore my quiver like everyone is doing now...a bow quiver hanging by a strap around my neck and tucked under my arm.   It was a good option and I did that for a few years....two whole decades before eveyone jumped on the side quiver bandwagon.    Then I began to think this stuff out and came up with a solution of my own, for myself.   I never intended to sell this idea or go any further with it....it solved my needs.   But folks, like me, wanted me to "make one for them" and so I did.   I still don't want to make them....enter Tim Roberts!    

We actually built quiver caddy's with aluminum, and with optional wholes for adjusting the "angle" and they simply don't work or there is no need.  

I find that folks, especially in trad, get caught up in "style" and trends easily.   That's okay.....but dont knock a good idea if you don't try it first....and trust that I've gone through most of possibilities in 20 plus years of using this.    And not to blow my horn, but I've got some pretty good bowhunters who use nothing else, and have a pretty darn enviable track record of taking some of the toughest game in virtually every situation imaginable, using the quiver caddy and it's "angle".   It just works.  Not perfect, and we know that, but a great option.  

If you don't like the angle....buy just the quiver and purchase one of the plastic hip quiver thingy's that do swivel and put it on that...won't hurt my feelings any, or Tim either, I'm sure.    But I just feel compelled to make my case here for something that lots of folks like to think there is a problem with, but have never tried it, so they are just speaking from "supposition" and not experience yet.    You either like hip quivers or not, and if you are inclined to try one, this is one of the best out there.....and I am not making a cent on these anymore, just so you know.   It's a product that works folks...the workmanship is top-notch, and the materials, and dependability and longevity of it are as good as it gets.  And affordable too.   Sorry for the long post, but the same issues arise all the time, and this is my answer to that.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Hello Ron,
It is a clip that slides over your belt, no getting undressed to take it off or put it on.  I don't have any pictures of the back side, but will try to get one and post it in the next day or so.
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©