3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what do you think of wes wallace bows?  (Read 544 times)

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
what do you think of wes wallace bows?
« on: November 26, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
well i was looking on wes wallace's website and he has got some beutiful very resonably priced bows so i was wondering how do they shot? how is his customer service?

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what do you think of wes wallace bows?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Nice work top of the line carftmen ship I will have one agian . Some low life stole that bow and 2 other about 20 year ago .
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
I have not shot one, but they have a very good reputation and look gorgeous. KUIU did a profile on him a little while back if you haven't seen it:

http://www.kuiu.com/thehunt/wes-wallace?page=1

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Excellent shooting bow. Very forgiving design, easy to shoot. Comparible to Brackenbury and even Blacktails.
If someone said you can only have one bow, and handed me a Wallace, I sure wouldnt cry about it!
David M. Conroy

Offline soap creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
I have a Brackenbury made Jim back in the early 80s. Wes made some limbs for me, they turned out great. I have shot W.W bows and they shoot great as well.Wes was with Jim B building bows up untill Jim's untimely death. Wes is very good to deal with.In my opinion you wont be disappointed with a Wes Wallace bow.
(Rom. 10:13)

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
I have a Partner with two sets of limbs and a Mentor one piece.   Love them and I've killed a whale of a lot of venison with them.   Easy to shoot, very quiet and forgiving and they're not the least bit picky about what they're shooting.

Wes has been around a long time and I rank his bows as the best you'll ever own.

Offline Kid's Pastor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
I have owned three Mentor recurves and four of his Royal longbows.
A new job 10 years ago and hard times forced me to sell them -  In my opinion Wes is one of the best!

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Tricia and I shopped the entire spectrum
of longbows before we settled on the WW Royals. Wes makes a bow that matches the top priced bows in quality and looks for a much better price.  Wes is a true gentleman and has unmatched customer service.   We have 5 of his Royals and another on order.   His bows are smooth shooting, beautiful works of art.   We make a point of visiting his shop to pick the bows up so we can enjoy a long chat with a great guy who is a master bowyer to boot.  You will not be disappointed.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
I have one of Wes' Royal Longbows. My favorite R/D LB.
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
I have a 66" 60#@29" Royal TD. Would never trade or sell it. It's just a plain Jane as far as looks, but it sure does shoot well.

Riser up close

First 3 shots with it, day I received it. Mismatched arrows 31 yards. (think It's a keeper!)

Offline Stump_pounder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Wes lives right close to me and I just ordered a recurve from him. First time I shot his bow I broke Knocks. Definetly shooters, best ive ever shot. you wont be sorry!
Wes wallace recurve 58#@29
Bear Kodiak static recurve 70#@28
PBS member

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
He is certainly very well thought of here in Oregon.

You can buy without worry, great guy and he makes excellent shooters!

Bob
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback!

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by YORNOC:
Excellent shooting bow. Very forgiving design, easy to shoot. Comparible to Brackenbury and even Blacktails.
If someone said you can only have one bow, and handed me a Wallace, I sure wouldnt cry about it!
Yornoc ive heard them compared to blacktails before, one thing that makes them(wes wallace) more appealing to me is they are much cheaper than blacktails.

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by landman:
I have a Partner with two sets of limbs and a Mentor one piece.   Love them and I've killed a whale of a lot of venison with them.   Easy to shoot, very quiet and forgiving and they're not the least bit picky about what they're shooting.

Wes has been around a long time and I rank his bows as the best you'll ever own.
Landman id love to see some pictures of your partner, thats the model im looking into buying  :archer:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
I had one of his longbows....excellent, I had to drop down in poundage or I would still have it. It was 66" 60# @ 28" and sent 600 gr woodies down range like rockets!! Great workmanship also!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
I have four of his Mentor recurves, the oldest one is about 15 I think; It still shoots great. Wes makes a solid, dependable, great-looking bow at a reasonable price. I would recomend his bows to anyone.
Lucas Kent

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Very nice and they shoot great too!

Offline Stump_pounder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by bayhunter:

Originally posted by landman:

Landman id love to see some pictures of your partner, thats the model im looking into buying   :archer:  [/b]
All the recurves shootIE perform the same the mentor is the prettiest and then the stealth and then the partner. I have a partner coming int a graybark type laminent with antler tips.
Wes wallace recurve 58#@29
Bear Kodiak static recurve 70#@28
PBS member

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
I traded for a Royal a couple months ago. Listed it for sale before I really had a chance to shoot it very much. Had some tire kickers that acted like they were interested but it didn't sell. I shot it regularly for a couple days and took it off the classifieds. I think it has found a home with me.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©