3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cliff Zwickey Broadhead  (Read 546 times)

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
Cliff Zwickey Broadhead
« on: November 26, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Ordered 6 glue on Cliff heads the other day from Kustom King Archery. They are legal to hunt with here in MT. so I will give them a try next season. I thought they looked pretty cool,  and I've never had a bad experience w/ a sharp zwickey.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cliff Zwickey Broadhead
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
A agree they look cool and will likely work well. Which states are they legal in? They are illegal in AZ.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Canyon, I'm not sure what all states they are legal in. I just checked our regs. and saw nothing in there about barbed broadheads. Does anyone know what makes barbed heads illegal? With all the junk broadheads out there guys are shooting it don't make much sense to me.

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
just a guess, but in our State, lawmakers are NOT knowledgeable about anything hunting!!!!!  They put the damn rifle season during the peak of the rut!!!
Hill

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
just a guess, but in our State, lawmakers are NOT knowledgeable about anything hunting!!!!!  They put the damn firearms season during the peak of the rut!!!
Hill

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
I don't think they are legal in Michigan.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Where I'm at it doesn't say they are illigal..All I can find is our arrowhead must be metal,7/8" wide and can't be poisonous...Nothing found anywhere about can't be barrbed but if someone does find it post me the imfo cause I checked and rechecked the web,the 2011 hunting manual and couldn't find that we can't so I'm getting some even if I don't hunt with them...No Law you can't buy them...   "[dntthnk]"

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
They are neat looking heads anyway, they are legal in MO as far as I can tell.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Warrior, you got that right about the ones who make the laws. We are pretty fortunate here with the FWP willing to take some input from the Montana Bowhunters Association about archery regs.IMO.....

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Those are neet looking heads. Looks to be legal in Wyo. All our regs say is that the broadhead must be steel and a minimum cut width of 1".
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Legal now in Illinois.  Reference to non-barbed was removed a few years ago.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
If you can use a Rage legally in your state I would think that Barbed heads would be legal cause those mechanical things look like a Carp fishing head to me.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
I see nothing in the Wisconsin bowhunting regulation banning their use either.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
I've been searching and all I can find in Michigan was a minimum of 7/8" width. Can any Michigan archery experts confirm or deny this?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
Legal in Arkansas and Louisiana. I agree don't know why those political cry babies would outlaw a barbed head. If I don't get a complete passthru I want the broadhead in the animal to do as much damage as possible.
James Kerr

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
I may have been wrong. After checking the latest AZ regs the only requirment is that broadheads have a metal cutting edge with a width of 7/8". Wish I had a set of the older regs to help me figure out if I am loosing my mind or not.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Cruiser78

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
Looks to be legal in Indiana. But we cant have poison or explosive tips   :nono:
Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything,
But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
i think most of those rules are refereing to harpoon type heads where you can atatch a rope or lead to an animal,  thats just what i think. so i would not abide by that rule. thats just me!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
I Googled " barbed broadheads illegal" and came up with a list of states where they are not legal. Please bear in mind that this did not come from official State sources but from another forum discussing the VPA turkey head. The states where they are said to be illegal are: AK,IA,KS, MA, MN, MT, NY, OR, PA, SD, TN And Alberta Canada. This list is probably not complete, But I hope it helps. Some states only ban barbed broadheads for big game, so in those states you could still use them for rabbits and squirells.

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
From what I see in the Texas regs., Texas has dropped any mention of barbed broadheads in the hunting regulations.  So, if not specifically prohibited - they look to be legal in Texas.  If someone knows different I'd like to hear it?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©