3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hawaii hunting???  (Read 159 times)

Offline troutremble

• Trad Bowhunter
Hawaii hunting???
« on: November 26, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
Yesterday my wife said she wants us to go to Hawaii next year (November ish). I said that would be wonderful as long as I get to bring my bow too, and she agreed!!! So now I need info. I would be fine with just goats or hogs. Anyone have experiance hunting there?

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hawaii hunting???
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
One of the best trips of my life. Just on online on the Hawaii Gov't site, you can down load maps, get your licence and when I called them to ask some questions they were very helpful and put me in the right direction.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »
There's a guy on here that has to do with Stalker bows and he lives there. I bet he could give you the low down.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »
This might get you excited.  This is a lead up/recap of my hunt there last August.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119858
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline beendare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
I've hunted a couple islands and depending on the spot it can be great or very tough. Our spring is a good time to go for their Hawaiian sheep since you can call them in close.

Arrange for your license awhile in advance since you have to send in proof of hunter safety.

If you get invited to a BBQ of those goats you shoot make sure to eat something prior and bring nose plugs.
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
x2 Alexander. I don't know his handle but his name is Ryan, he is a really nice guy. He lives in Hawaii.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »
Hawaii is really catching on with bowhunters. If you know how, you can fly there and hunt diy-style for goats, pigs and axis deer for about what a Saskatchewan bear hunt would run. I've done 2 trips and have more in the pipeline. Our typical day is a predawn start to hunt axis deer or goats. We break off mid-morning and head to the condo for brunch. From there it's surf-casting for ahi or trevally vs a midday goat/pig jaunt. Throw in some swimming and island exploration occasionally. Evenings are for grilling backstaps and chilling down on the beach at sunset. No way I can beat a combo big game hunt / vacation in paradise!

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
Like your style Kevin, that's the best way to do it.

CJ
lll

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©