3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: He's Probably Gonna Make it... Come on Late Archery!!!  (Read 184 times)

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
He's Probably Gonna Make it... Come on Late Archery!!!
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Well, today is the last day of firearms season in Indiana, and I'm sitting here watching it pour down rain. Last night while coon hunting near one of my old tree stands, I walked up on a Very nice 10 pointer bedded in the brush. He thought he was hid, and while my dad and I listened to the hounds trail Mr. Raccoon, we walked to within 30 yards of him. Let's just say he is nice, and when my new lone wolf sticks get here next week, my tree saddle and I will be hunting that thicket in late archery. Wish me luck!

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: He's Probably Gonna Make it... Come on Late Archery!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Glad to hear that. The buck I have been hunting the last few years fell to a rifle hunter. I also have coon/lion hounds. Have you ever shot any coons out with your bow? I was thinking about making up some flu flus with lighted nocks and getting me one to make a rug out of. we got a 42# coon two nights ago and I was wishing I would have had the bow that night he would have been a good one with the bow.
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
Glad to hear it, Pa rifle season starts tomorrow and with 3/4 of a million licensed hunters after a dwindling deer herd I'm sure there won't be much left for the late season.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Sickening isn't it Earl. Glad to hear you have a good one in your area Perry!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
Gentry, I've never used my bow for coon hunting but the thought has crossed my mind. How is your lion hunting? I love hunting with hounds and wish that I could run lions sometime. My dad and grandpa carried me coon hunting when I was just 6 months old, and been at it ever since.

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Perry we got some good lion and bob hunting here. I only have young dogs right now this will be there first year on lions but I got a few buddys that got some good older dogs to run them with.They did real good on bobs last year though so as long as they dont get to gritty on them and get trow  up I think they will do fine. Do you comp hunt? We where at A.O. this last Sept. there in Richmond. You guys sure do got some good coon hunting there but man was it hot! we did real good but I thought my dog was going to fall over dead from heat stroke. He is not use to heat like that......
Gary Gentry

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
Yes we comp hunt. I placed 4th at autumn oaks in reg. and high scoring English male back in 98'. A few years ago we ran our English female in the Pkc race and finished 8th in the state and 11th in the English breed. I live in extreme southern Indiana, right on the Ohio river. The coon hunting isn't near as good and the terrain is rougher, but we still have some pretty decent  coon hunting. May be sometime in the future you can come hunt with us.

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Nice I lost to the second place reg. dog this year after withdrawing my dog. we where 425 up and he got chewed up on tree. no one wanted to clam the ill dog and they wanted to minus me for my dog standing 10 feet off of tree. so I just withdrew. He is to nice to get ruined by ill dogs. Next tree we found out witch one was ill it was pretty easy to tell when there is only two dogs left in the cast. I hunt English hounds also Oney and wilcox blood. If we make out that way next here maybe we can meet up and do some hunting.
Gary Gentry

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
Sure thing!

Offline flintznstyx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
Good luck. If you spook him be sure he runs my way. LOL
Eric

Banshee TDR 60" 43#@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©