3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Commercial Blind Tall Enough For Longbow?  (Read 457 times)

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Commercial Blind Tall Enough For Longbow?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by cloudbaseracer:
Waiting4Fall,

Thanks for the video. That thing looks really tall and may be what I order.

Do you use this in the rain? Do find that these enclosed blinds work well when it is raining or do you get all wet inside?
It works great for me in the rain, & when it's freezing cold outside. I have had no problem staying dry, the few times I've been in it when it has rained.

It's really a great blind. Also, I put my hunting clothes, tripod, & folding chair in the bag the blind is stored in. I also use mine exclusivey on public lands these days. It's a great blind for the money. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Offline amazonjim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Barronett 350 Blood Trail I have 5 of them and I don't think there is a larger and taller one on the market and the store mentioned in the previous post I think has the best prices

Offline cloudbaseracer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
I guess since all of you guys on here use enclosed blinds you probably feel they are much better than just having something in front and behind?  I was thinking about having something lightweight that I made myself but it would not give me complete concealment nor would it control scent as well.  

Are these concerns for you?  Why do you use a full blind instead of something a little simpler?

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
There's nothing wrong with natural blinds and it's nice to have them to. I have a few places were I hunt were the wind will hit you from 4 different directions while sitting there and that's when the inclosed popup blind pays off. With the screens up your scent will mostly stay inside the blind, atleast it helps alot.  :thumbsup:  

It's nice to have them also if you have kids or like to hunt with your buddys.

When it's really cold out I will bring a sleeping bag with me and sit in it like a heater body suit. It will extend your season hunting when most other times you would have stayed home.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
I have an Ameristep Penthouse. You definitely want to tie it down good and brush it in, but it has tons of room.
P.S. Practice folding it back up a few times before you start your season.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Tracy and / or Dave... what about wind. Are there tie down points with the blind(s)?

No, I've never owned or set up a blind so, therefore... no experience.  With the height of the Penthouse or the Barronett... it would seem to be a accident waiting to happen; however, since I'm 6"4" (and shoot 64" bows) ... I am interested in the height of the ground blinds.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
David there are stakes for all four corners and and tiedowns all four sides. There pretty thin stakes and I use some better ones but I have never had one blow away using the factory ones.

We had a lot of snow last year and I forgot to tie the cord up on the top of the blind and the bigger blinds defently hold more snow.

I brushed off the snow and popeed it back up and no damage at all.    :dunno:        :)    

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »
Tracy,

Thank you.  I simply didn't know, but... now I do!

I guess the older I get, the more I like the two man ladder stands and the idea of the ground blind.  Then again, maybe I'm just getting to lazy to always use the Summit climber.

Thanks again,
David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©