3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Footing GT 3555  (Read 132 times)

Offline Arkanas_Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Footing GT 3555
« on: November 27, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
Hellow All,

Well I am getting ready to build my first set of arrows. Had to do some real sweet talking with the boss it being this close to the Holidays but have everything on the way and should be able to get ready to start building next weekend.
My only question is will I be able to get away with using a 2213 or 2216 easton footing or does it have to be a 2117. I went through all of the old shafts that I had in the garage and it is all I have. I don't what to have to buy a whole set of shafts just to cut them up. Thought about going to the local archery shop but he just opened up in the fall and it is mostly wheely guys with carbons.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Josh

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Footing GT 3555
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Check out the how to section on the main page there is a lot of info to be had on it. from building arrows to footing arrows. Good luck Tim
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Arkanas_Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I checked it out. Just did not know if I could get away with the other size arrows. I also have some 2018s that I found.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
There are a bunch here who do the footing thing and should respond in a bit. I dont foot my arrows(wood) so I hoped what you needed was in the how to section.God luck
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Arkanas_Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Thanks, I dont know if this will help but they are the black Expedition Hunter shafts. My wife was not happy how much it cost to make a dozen arrows but when I broke down the math she understood. It is like the initial start up cost of reloading ammo. She was on board when she saw it saved money.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
The black 3555's are .291 O.D..2216's should be .311 I.D..I think they may be too loose.2219's should have an I.D. of .3052.2117 has an inside I.D. of .2936.

Those numbers are calculated.The shafts sometimes vary a little.

Why don't you post in the classifieds for a couple damaged 2117's ? Autumn Orange are the coolest.

The other option would be to use Gorilla glue as it expands.I haven't done it but I'm sure it would fill the void and it is tough.You could experiment on a cut off piece of shaft.

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »
I have a good length of an Autumn Orange 2117 left after I footed my 3555 GT Trads.  It would probably foot a dozen arrows unless you cut them waaay long.  I can mail it to you if you want it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©