3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Landshark vs Treeshark  (Read 407 times)

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
Landshark vs Treeshark
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
I'm looking for an alternative to the Snuffers I've used for years.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the "new" snuffers (Magnus) as sharp as the older ones and I'm down to my last two "old" snuffers (Delta).  I'm digging the shape of the Simmons two-blade heads and I've read and heard good things about them.  I'm currently shooting 125gr snuffers with 100gr inserts for a total of 225gr up front.  The Landshark comes in 125gr so that would be an easy switch without (hopefully) having to tune again.  The Treeshark is only 190gr, so would require a bit more work.

Now for my question: does anyone have hunting experience with both the Landshark and Treeshark models and have an opinion of which performs better?  I don't mind spending a bit on new inserts, etc to get the Treeshark tuned but would only want to do so if there's a good reason not to use the Landsharks.

Hope this wasn't too wordy.  Thanks for any input.

Rusty
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Landshark vs Treeshark
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
There is 2 landsharks a 125 and a 165. The 125 is to narrow IMO. I like the full size 1 9/16 width simmons.

Lots of options with glue on and diff adaptor weights. A 150gr vented Interseptor with 75gr adaptor keeps you at 225.

Offline Greg Clark

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
I killed a doe a few weeks ago with one of the 165 grain Landsharks.  I was impressed with the performance.

If you want additional info after this topic runs its course, check the Georgia Outdoor News traditional archery forum.  A guy on there has posted a good bit this year about the Tree Shark.  Leaves one HECK of a hole!!!!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Do they make the dreaded "hissing noise" in flight?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
The only hissing is of blood leaving the critter under pressure LOL.

Offline Bullfrog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
I have shot both treesharks and interceptors with great success. This year I have shot Razorcaps and have really been inpressed with them. They are stainless and stay sharp and are MUCH tougher than they look. You could go with a 200 grain option in them.   BILL

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by kevgsp:
The only hissing is of blood leaving the critter under pressure LOL.
:laughing:  

Thanks for the input guys.  I've seen some pics of deer shot with the treesharks and it looks like you just need to get close and they're deadly.

Anxious to hear more.

Rusty
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
Give a shout to Landshark 160 on here.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by awbowman:
Give a shout to Landshark 160 on here.
His were some of the pics I was referring to.  Looked like he stuck those deer with a bastard sword!

Offline Bullfrog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Bullfrog, I take it that's from a Treeshark?  You Treeshark shooters ever have problems with a crosswind vs a smaller broadhead?  That thing looks like a kite.

Rusty

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
Rusty , that was actually with an Interceptor. I think they are the best compromise for a 2 blade.    BILL

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Frog, that's impressive!  I really like the look of the Interceptors.  Seems a nice "middle ground" between the Treeshark and Landshark.

Thanks again, guys.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
I shoot the TreeSharks with 125gr adapters and love them , I shoot Bear T/Ds 99% of the time in the 65# give or take range with a GoldTip 75/95 and big feathers also.The only noise they make is when they hit and when they do it sounds so good. Have had very good luck with them and the blood trails are for the most very short and very very easy to follow you can look at my ( So Far 2011 ) in the Highlights and see how they have been for me.Good luck I think you will like them........
,,,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
I have been shooting treesharks for several years and love them. I also have some landsharks, but prefer the wider treesharks. Talk about a blood trail!!
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
I'm shooting the 100 grain Land Sharks. I've not spilled blood with em yet. However, the link below will show you that these broadheads fly lazer straight.

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
I shoot the tree sharks and love em! When I first shot them at a target in a stiff crosswind I compensated when I aimed only to watch my arrow go exactly where it would have gone with no wind(at 30 yards nonetheless)! I had to clean the dirt off the blade and after that I just ignored the wind completely unless it is gale force.(warning: I shoot ~730 grain arrows with 350 up front. so that plays into the equation)
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Thanks for that, Thumpkin.  Much heavier arrow than I'm shooting but no change is no change and I can't imagine there being a ton of difference in a ~500gr arrow, especially since I rarely shoot past 15 yards.  Of course, I have a new-to-me Dale Dye on its way to me so I'll likely be tuning at the end of the season anyway.  Going to stick with the last few snuffers this season.

Thanks again, guys.

Rusty

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
I shoot the Interceptors,Landsharks and sometimes a tree shark out of bows 50@27 or less with arrows from 550-500 grains and usually shoot thru everything.Chris Spikes "Landshark 160" Shoots a lot more poundage but has killed Critters with arrows under 500 grains with a Hill bow and Simmons heads.RC

Offline Dave1437

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
I shoot the little 100 gr. landsharks and they have the same size cut as a Magnus or Zephyr for instance. Nobody would question how those heads have worked over the years. I shoot those heads as well and the little Simmons head just flies great. If you are just after deer and turkeys, you should have no problems whatsoever. Very easy to sharpen with just a steel out of your knife drawer, a few strokes and you are done. I mount mine on a Gold Tip so that when I cant my bow they are horizontal. Have a good season. DI

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©