3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2007 Trail cam pic thread  (Read 8744 times)

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2007 Trail cam pic thread
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
That's a dandy there, what's that address again?

:thumbsup:

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
5 more weeks

Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline wsm coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »
Richie, I agree 100% that a deer has the same genetic potential the day he's born as he does when he's mature. I don't believe the a deer with a narrow spread or fairly short beams is inferior. What I have seen and do believe is that some bucks just won't ever have big, wide, high scoring racks. And from a managment standpoint, once a deer reaches about 4.5 years if he isn't showing the kind of antler characteristics your looking for...take him out.  I think it's silly to place an obviously mature buck off limits because he's not 18" wide or has 24" beams, he may never meet those standards. What do you do, let him die of old age? I know that one buck can only father so many fawns in a lifetime and it's not likely that any one deer is going to alter the gene pool, but if you want the best, get rid of the worst.
   Of course, this is just an opinion and not meant to be taken in offense.  :D

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2007, 03:59:00 AM »
these pics really make me wish I had a trail cam.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »
Man Kenny, I'd love to see a pic of you with that buck!   :scared:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
Guru, I figured you'd like my buddy's Texas ranch deer pic..PROTEIN Pellets + AGE!

WSM Coyote.. if a buck lives at our club past 5-6 years and doesn't have at least have a 24" main beam lenght...his antler growing genes were dramatically sub-par versus the rest of the field. It would be rare to have one surpass that criteria. Fortunately we have the big 3 ingredients. we can shoot a buck regardless of rack if he is 5.5 years or older...

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Me too Curt!! Hell,I'd just like to see him in person once!

Joey,ya got way too many big bucks to watch over,if ya ever wanna hire a helper............
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
My six year old girl overheard me tell a friend
about the pictures of "monster" bucks on this site, and was she ever dissappointed to find that they were just bucks with big antlers. "No fangs,
or claws, or mean eyes, or nothing", "just big horns".

I had to smile at that.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Joebuck, Ever get a shot at any of those fine older gentleman on your lease?

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
Bonebuster,if one ever comes by me,he prolly might as well have fangs,claws,mean eyes and the works!!LOL

Heres another of my neighbors big boy.....note the double main!!  :eek:    :eek:  

Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Oops,double post!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
Coyote,
Certainly no offense taken...I have always balked at the spread criteria as an age indicator.  However if a property has been tightly and intensively managed for buck numbers then I would harvest that buck you speak of.  ONLY because at that point in the management program (high buck numbers) there must be a harvest of male deer of some kind. A mandatory buck harvest is due mainly to prevent high stress levels and heart attacks in the landowners who walk around in late winter and are shocked at how many dead mature trophy bucks they find as a result of rut stress.

Also, The chances that a narrow antlered 6-8 point sires a narrow antlered 6-8 point are not real good.  The doe has a lot to say in this matter.  At the deer research pens at Auburn a research project proved that the maternal influence has as much or more to do with antler growth and characteristics as does the paternal influence.  The results were really amazing. I remember a buck named Henry that was a real massive 8 point with a 10 inch spread.  His sire looked nothing like him a few years later.  Above average width and average mass.

Again,  IF and only IF a buck harvest is in order to keep male deer numbers in check then I certainly would not harvest the 3-4 year old symmetrical 10 frame buck. It would be the older bucks regardless of antler quality.  

He is ripe for the pickin.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Marty, I don't because I'm usually at the Ole Miss game drinking mint julips! Yeah,I had a couple of shots last year but nothing as dramatic to inspire a PBS article about the "nick" or i didn't cry or anything like someone else I know

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
I had something in my eye, or maybe it was the dirt that Booner kicked up as he ran away from me! I really hope you score this year, cause Ole Miss probably won't. Pick a spot like you did on that last Osceola!

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
:notworthy:  

It's hard to tell how Ole Miss will turn out this year...We have nice tall group of Dallas blonds that hit campus recently plus our MS Delta girls arrived in shape and tanned out from a long summer at their parents condos in Fl. And we heard that Atlanta has sent their rowdiest freshman girls over here again trying to get in a good sororiety because they can't get in Ga..So overall I think Ole Miss will again be #1 or 2 or 3 with Fla and SMU

Offline Black Gold

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
The largest buck coming around so far:

Cody Weiser

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
I took my wife fishing this past weekend down a 4wd beach trip for about 40 miles. Every time I've ever been down there the coyotes have been thick and unafraid. Even had one tug on my blanket one night as I slept on the beach. That's another story.

I decided I take my trail cam along and bait a few coyotes with unwanted fish parts while we night fished. Here's the flash-burned coyote. The ocean spray fogged up my lense and messed up the photos but here's one of the culprits I managed to get. CK

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Seeing all the trail cam pics...I bought me a cheep $64 cam..Not to bad pics for the price..
These are the first ones..

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Weekend Warrior,

What kind of camera is that? Not bad at all for $64
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Its a Moultrie Gamespy 3.1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©