3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: IA guys/gals.....Who's still gotta tag and waiting for late season to fill it?  (Read 255 times)

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
I still have one doe tag for the county I live in.  I'm sort of hoping for some good snow between now and Dec 19 (when the late season opens again).  Until then, I'm going to shoot my bow some, eat some deer sticks, and watch Fred Eichler from my recliner!

Who else has a tag left and waiting for the snow and cold to come?  I've got a great spot back home that the deer love in the cold weather.
>>>--------->

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
I've got one but not to sure it will get filled. The 2 farms that I hunt the deer all head to the river bottom when the guns go off.

doug77

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Me.  I still have my Iowa tag, and my time is running out before the orange crowd hits the timber on Saturday.  I've had a fantastic season so far, and have seen more big bucks than in my previous 43 years of deer hunting.  We'll see what happens tomorrow or Wednesday, then I'm out of time.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline jsparky93

• Trad Bowhunter
I still have my anysex tag , an antlerless tag & a turkey tag being as how I missed my bird on thanksgiving.

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
I still have a doe and a buck tag... I will be out there bearing the cold with the rest of you!! Bring on the hand warmers!
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline doc_engler

• Trad Bowhunter
I still have a doe tag and my any sex tag.  Will be back out for late season for sure

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm planning on using my muzzleloader tag to hunt with the recurve. Time to start practicing with multiple layers on. This might sound a little ridiculous, but if it gets really cold I bring a sleeping bag with me. The inside is gray and mud stained from using during past hunting seasons. It's one of those situation where you have to plan your ground blind around it, but it's worked well in the past during those negative temp late season days.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
Never thought of bringing a sleeping bag...but I can definitely see how that could work in a ground blind.  Almost like a heater body suit!!
>>>--------->

Offline jsparky93

• Trad Bowhunter
It doesnt sound ridiculous at all, its a great idea! My biggest problem has always been my feet. Once my feet get cold im done!

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
When temps really drop I've noticed the the deer tend to move all day long just trying to keep up energy, and the sleeping bag tactic has proven to really extend the hours I can sit. I've sat all day sits in some pretty cold temps. Not to mention walking in and out is so much louder in crunchy snow. I've even used a white sheet over top of bright blue sleeping bag in the past.

One year I used a portable ice fishing pop up with the door open and yes the heater was on. Apparently deer are not afraid of solid black on white snow.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
I will be out. Was sick during Thanksgiving so I missed a long weekend of hunting. Hope to hunt Friday to close it down.
This year I will do my cap and ball hunting during shotgun to leave my late season for bow. That is if I live past Iowa Shotgun season:)
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©