3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Torges seat ?  (Read 367 times)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Torges seat ?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
With all the sitting I did during the rut, taking video, I wish I had one with me. I have a thick pad, but your legs start going to sleep after a couple hours sitting on the ground against a stump. I'll just glue the pad to the seat when I make it!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline GRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Rob W. What are the dimensions of the seat pictured in your last post?

Thanks    Gerald

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
18"wide x 12" deep.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline GRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Thanks Rob W. That sounds big enough to be comfortable. I've made a couple in the past, but never that big. I'll give it a try.

Gerald

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Bigger is better......   :biglaugh:   I made one that is hinged in the middle, folds up and fits in my pack. Same design but just cut in half with 2 strap hinges.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
My Dad and I got bored one day and made 18 Torges style seats. We each had scrap plywood and about  a mile of nylon rope. We then camo'd them with a dozen partial cans of spray paint we had laying around.

It was a cool project. It got us to clean out our garages, got rid of some scraps, and kept us off the streets for a day.  :)

We passed them out to family and friends and I believe we still have a half dozen left.

One tip we pass on: Wrap the rope around the tree twice if you can. It really helps keep it from slipping and reduces rope stretch.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©