3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tall Tines Under the Scope  (Read 443 times)

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tall Tines Under the Scope
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Tall Tines Under the Scope

First of all I had some reservations regarding my order since shooting an older 15” riser on several occasions. The 15” riser was quite nice and grabbed my attention; however I didn’t feel we quite jelled. I felt the longer version would be a better match but perhaps I was asking too much.

Received my Tall Tines on Monday and have run approximately 300 arrows thru her. She is 62” …52@28…and sports an 18” macassar w/bocote flare riser and bocote limb veneers. I do not wish to portray my review and experience with her as anywhere close to that of an expert. The following is my own perception and for me perception takes precedence of what is merely on paper:

Arrow utilized was 29.5” Victory VForce HV 350 with a 100 gn insert and a 145 gn tip…~ 460 gn total wt.  The 175 gn tip also shot nice and I will spend more time in tuning her once we become more acquainted. She did send this set-up with a 150 gn WW on the mark at 20 yards three times in a row , so I am parked here for right now. Nock pt. was set at 9/16” and brace was at 7 11/16”.

Grip: The grip is a personal best fit- bar none

Bow Length:  62”s is my favorite

Riser: Robust and beautiful

Overall mass:  The Maccasar/bocote riser was perfect for me and I would feel comfortable going with a heavier or lighter wood combination. My propensity to bias heavier mass was quite satisfied.

Shootability:  Easily tuned, points naturally and drives tacks. Shooting her seemed effortless.

Hand shock: None perceived

Craftsmanship: Impeccable

Sound:  Very quite

Draw:  1st bow that I have ever experienced that I actually believed I was drawing a far much lower weight.  Typically, I notice a 4 -5 # difference, yet this bow felt as if I had dropped to 45#’s.

Brace Ht: Very comfortable and never touched me. This observation is of importance to me since I typically shoot much higher brace heights. Going even lower is of no concern.

Aesthetics - Beautiful and should remain quite appealing for years to come

Performance – My site window remained unchanged as compared to my hi performance bows utilizing the similar gpp set-up .  The test range was out to 25 yards. I have absolutely no reservations with regards to performance.

Service: It was a true honor to work with Brian Wessel while I solidly maintain complete faith in him as a friend, individual and gifted bowyer.

Over-all Experience:  Astonishingly surprised….Unique in that it seemed as if every facet in my perception of a dream bow was either met or exceeded. The fact remains that my favorites will be unstrung and likely remain that way for some time. A bow that produces a unique experience is always of interest to me. The Tall Tines long riser model has raised the bar.

THANK YOU BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!

Note: Steve O has graciously offered to post some pics for me. My computer is sick and won’t let me load photos.  I am hopeful to be acquiring a new computer for Christmas.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tall Tines Under the Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Can't wait to see it........   :campfire:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Looking forward to the pics! Congrats!!
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Sounds like a fine bow. Come on Steve O!  
Hap

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
congrats Scott.Glad you found a great one that fits and shoots to your liking.Thanks for getting back to me about the Zipper we had talked about earlier.Never shot one of the Tines and hopefully i will get to soon.Good shooting and hunting to you.
see

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Steve what are you doing? Ha ha...
Scott I love the thorough review.  Very well spoken, I can't wait to test out my long riser as well.

David

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Thanks gentlemen!! In the Trad World, we are blessed to have such vast opportunities to have our dreams fulfilled.

Even though I am quite impressed, I doubt I will ever quit dreaming.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Friend, congratulations on your early Christmas present-sounds like a beauty.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
I've owned several 2nd handers, my turn for a new one made for me. I love the feel of them, shoot beautiful, and look even better.
David M. Conroy

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Let's see the pic's! I'm happy for you Scott. I sure cannot wait to shoot it.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Friend, thanks for the review.
I love details like those you have offered.
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Sorry gang, I am having a few "issues" here as well.  I will get the pics up as soon as I can for you Scott.

Offline Trad-Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve O:
Sorry gang, I am having a few "issues" here as well.  I will get the pics up as soon as I can for you Scott.
LOL...all of us have "issues"....either created by bowhunting or in the process of being solved by bowhunting.

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
Anxious to see it!!!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
Well written review.  We're blessed with some top notch bowyers today as well as having the luxury of many of them posting and giving advice here and of course many of them are sponsors to boot.

That Steve O. character is not to shabby either.    ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
Very good review Friend,now i need to see your Macassar with the flare!Come on Steve,you are always so efficent!LOL.
I have a short riser one that I like,curious about the long one.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
:campfire:     :coffee:   Maybe he was kidding.......LOL   :biglaugh:   I can't say anything, I don't do well with these computers, I know the pics are on their way!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
Scott,

Very well done and informative..Here's your beauty.  I'm sure the pictures do not do it justice.  Brian does a great job.

God Bless,  Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
That was worth the wait....beautiful bow!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
Scott you have one of the prettiest bows I have seen.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©