3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ontario,Canada Black Bear Outfitters?  (Read 139 times)

Offline GREASEMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Ontario,Canada Black Bear Outfitters?
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Looking for any referrals for any reasonably priced Outfitters in Ontario,Canada for Black Bears. For Spring or Fall

I live in Ohio and used to hunt up near Timmons Ontario,Canada before the requirement of Outfitters was invoked.

Any referrals in that area i.e. Gogama,Timmons etc.??

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ontario,Canada Black Bear Outfitters?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
Ontario no longer has a bear hunt in the spring, only in the Fall. FYI.

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
Border Country Outfitters,  We were up there a few years ago a there were some guys from Ohio. 13 guys in camp 12 bears killed. Sleeping quarters were excellant and food was really good. 3 of us were shooting trad. The rest were compound and gun hunters. Everyone got along. No smoking in side. They have a garage smokers can sit in and smoke. Guys brought there own beer. They have a nice archery shooting range. 1 hr from International Falls.
Schafer Silvertip

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
http://www.bearcreekoutfitters.com/

This is a great camp can hold up to 13 hunters per week so you can arrange a large group Archery only also We are hoping to get back in 2012 ourselves. I would recommmend a hunt from Sept 1 through the 20th time frame.  Augaust hunts can be hit or miss depending on the Berry crop and the temps
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
We just did a hunt last year in that exact area.  We were not very happy with the outfitter.   The weather was not very good the first few days but there were several other things we were not happy with.  They were a little cheaper than a few other outfitters we checked out and so we went with them.  We regretted it.  I won't bash them publicly but if you would like to know the name of the oufitter you can shoot me a pm.
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
Bear hunting was tough this year in NW Ontario. The blue berry's were huge and everywhere.  Walking through a clearcut you could reach down and grab a hand full with ease. It was good to be a bear this year.  I hunt out of the Bears Den in Caramat. Always lots of bears in that neck of the woods.  I only saw two small bears while I was there but most every one else shot a bear. Bow only. August is best time to go when it's hot. Cold weather slows down the hunt.

Good luck,

CJ
lll

Offline GREASEMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks to all for the info
I'll check these out

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©