3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quiver options for 47" Sheepeater?!  (Read 146 times)

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
Quiver options for 47" Sheepeater?!
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Just purchased a Black Mountain Bow Sheepeater Spirit from a fellow TGer and I am wondering what bow quiver options I have if any...

The bow is 47" from nock to nock and it is about 15" from the outside end of one fade out to the outside end of the opposite fade out. So I have close to 15" from one quiver attachment spot to the other.

I am thinking either a Kanati Pro or one of the EFA strap-ons would be my best bet.

Anyone have a bow quiver on a Sheepeater?

If I can't do a bow quiver I will probably go with a side quiver like the Absorkee.

I will probably be shooting 30' arrows with 3X5" parabolic feathers.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quiver options for 47" Sheepeater?!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
I go bare bow on my sheepeater. Just not enough room IMO. All that arrow sticking out just seemed to be too much to vibrate to me. I got a side stalker quiver and love it! I have a solo stalker to put on my bow but haven't yet. I like the feel of a bare bow these days. Just my 2 cents. You may like it with a quiver. Enjoy. They're great little bows.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
I use a Kanati and Eagles Flight with setback harware on my B.J Thunderchild longbow.I have also used a Thunderhorn Small Fry Lynx model.The Thunderhorn Lynx and Eagles flight model I used were designed to angle the arrows back.That helps with a short bow.Kanati also has a quiver like that called the Angle quiver I believe.I think you will want a quiver that angles the arrows back.It helps on a short bow to make things more compact and keeps your nocks out of the dirt better if shooting while kneeling or sitting.

My Thunderchilds riser was only about 12 inches.I had no problem using a bow quiver on it.You will want your grippers to hold tight to the arrow with all that arrow sticking out below the grippers to minimize vibration.I also used these quivers on a 56 inch Shrew Classic Hunter that only has a 12 inch riser I believe.

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Thanks a lot for the responses. I was also looking at the Kanati Angle quiver.

I might have to go barebow with a side quiver if I can't find something.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:23:00 AM »
Your best bet for a strap on quiver would be the Kanati Angle because you can move the hood up past your top limb to try and get the nocks out of the dirt. Not sure if it would get it high enough with that short of a bow.

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
I was just looking at the specs for the Kanati angle, and it says it will work for bows down to 48"....That is 1 inch longer than my bow.

I'll call them to check.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©