3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sheep Hunters  (Read 892 times)

Offline Mark Maves

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sheep Hunters
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
Jack,
I drew DS 140 which is the "any sheep" hunt Oct 1-10th in the Chugach.  I usually look to the areas that I can hunt near Anchorage due to time constraints.  If you come through Anchorage and are interested in "boating" let me know. I am always looking for reasons to get my boat out in the ocean.  Mark
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Jack,
  I figured you'd be working out. I don't think most people book that big of a hunt and don't realize the need to get in shape. When I was little my parents were stationed in Fairbanks (Air force) Dad used to take off and go whenever he could. My uncle came up from Ohio and had been working out for the trip. It still ran him into the dirt. But they had a good time. Of course they didn't have a guide then. That will help a bunch.

You sound like you have a good exercise program. Like Chrisg said though suplements and protein so you build that muscle up. And taing a day off to rest occasionaly is good too.

I should book a hunt maybe that would motivate me to workout again.

Good luck and be safe on the hunt and bring us back some pics and a story.
Jason Lester

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
Last February I had an opportunity to join a friend of mine in Mexico on his desert sheep hunt as an observer. I had just started working out again after doing nothing since my goat hunt had ended in late August. As much as I wanted to go with him I knew I wasn't in condition for a hard backpack hunt so I had to decline the offer. Most likely it would have been my only chance to go on a desert sheep hunt even though I wasn't the one holding the tag. I realize what I lost and made a vow to keep myself in better shape year round because of it. My friend ended up getting his ram early on in the hunt and I truly wish I could have been there with him. Yesterday I got word that he took a Dall in the NWT earlier this week. It was his third attempt in as many years and this completes his quest for a Grand Slam.
Jack Shanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©