3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Loud noise shooting inside the blind.  (Read 298 times)

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
Loud noise shooting inside the blind.
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
Received my Hidden Hunter Blind yesterday from Ron La Clair. Thank you. Did some practice shots and I never knew how loud my bow was inside the blind. I've done everything possible to make my bow quiet. Silencers, heavier grain arrows, and higher brace height. Someone told me it could be my arm guard when the line slaps it. How anyone experience this? Should I worry about it? Would the deer ever get a chance to hear it?

Offline sidebuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Loud noise shooting inside the blind.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Most blinds will amplify the noise of your bow.  However when you see videos of kills from a tent blind it seems not to affect the animals being hunted.  I believe the sound is heard more by the shooter than the animal since you are in a confined quarter.

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
It is louder inside the blind but also more of that noise stays inide the blind too.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
I had the same happen to me when I bought my hidden hunter blind. I thought my bow was pretty quite till I shot inside the blind. I think it is the noise rolling of the domed top. I have not seen it affect game I shot a deer and a antelope from it so far.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
I've noticed it in my Double Bull but it does not seem to affect anything outside the blind. Time will tell but I'm with sidebuster on this one.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by sidebuster:
Most blinds will amplify the noise of your bow.  However when you see videos of kills from a tent blind it seems not to affect the animals being hunted.  I believe the sound is heard more by the shooter than the animal since you are in a confined quarter.
X2
James Kerr

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
I notice my bow seems louder even when I shoot indoors at the range. I think as stated above that it is just you being in the confined quarters. I hunt A LOT from enclosed blinds and believe me, it does not make a difference.

Bisch

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
It's a small confined space.  You are going to be more aware of noise, but if anything the blind should actually help muffle shot noise that a game animal might hear.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Glunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Have a buddy shoot your bow in the bling while you are 15 yards outside.  I am guessing will feel its plenty quiet.

Offline Kenkel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
You will be fine.  I have shot a few from my blind and I was thinking the same thing you are right now.  Only thing is, if the deer is looking at the blind and is on edge a bit it will definitely react or drop at the shot.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Years ago the club I belong to got a shipment of 3 D animals in a large wooden box. We made a box blind shot at a Antelope target out of it. Everyone who shot it the first time thought their bow blew up.

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Yep don't worry to much about it. But it is kinda distracting when you shoot.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Easy to tell if it's your arm guard.  Shoot without it a few times and listen.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Mine seemed very loud the first time I shot out of a blind but it hasn't seemed to have any affect on the deer or turkeys.  I agree with David Mclendon that more of the noise stays inside the blind which is why they have warnings to wear hearing protection if you are using a firearm.  If you are trying different methods of silencing your bow using the blind would make it easier to tell the difference.

Offline Dave1437

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Got a turkey the day before thanksgiving with my a&h acs, when I picked him up he never mentioned hearing anything prior to the little landshark passing through his body. Hidden hunter nat gear, comfy chair, heater, magazines, pouches to keep a lap blanket, a good place for a nap in the sun, wouldn`t hunt any other way now. DI

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Actually was hunting on private land in the open during a torrential down pour. The noise level inside the blind was unbelievable. I thought it would have been impossible for the gob I had been working for 45 minutes not to run once he got w/i 75 yards.

He came in without any concern for the excessive noise. Thus, an arrow found him and, together, home we went.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©