3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hidden Hunter Blind  (Read 451 times)

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
Hidden Hunter Blind
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
This blind is awesome. I use roll bar padding to make it more comfortable to carry.

Very roomy and has enough ceiling height to clear any longbow. I can't wait to take it in the field.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hidden Hunter Blind
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Are there windows in it or do you shoot out of that slit?
Hap

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
There are 6 windows. That slit closes up with a flap inside the blind.

Offline mt-dew10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
How tall are you?  Reason I'm asking is I'm 6'2'' and so far cannot find a blind that I can shoot out of.  I shoot a 64'' longbow.
I enjoy being a traditional archer!!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
I'm still not sold on those ground ribs. Seems like an easy way to make noise, or bend them with your feet, or just hard to position your feet and chair in there.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
 I'm still not sold on those ground ribs. Seems like an easy way to make noise, or bend them with your feet, or just hard to position your feet and chair in there.  
Not so, they're not in the way at all and they help stabilize the blind. You don't even need to stake it down unless you plan to leave it set up. In winter weather I put down a carpet cut to the size of the floor....helps keep the feet warm.

I've used many other brands of ground blinds but when I got my first Hidden Hunter about 9 years ago I stopped looking. It's portability and ease to setup and take down can not be matched. I've shot bows up to 64" with plenty of room

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »
I've got two of them and can shoot a 66" selfbow.  Great blind
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline uglyjake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I think I will get one for turkey hunting next Spring.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Ron, can you bring one to KaZoo or Compton's. I hear what your saying, but I need to see it!  :D

Offline kpete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
I have another kind of blind but have a piece of canvas that I got at a  tent and awning store. Rolls up and I use it on the ground inside my blind.  Makes a nice floor, muffles noise-I even sit with shoes off at times.  thanks for the recommendation on these blinds.
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever-Isaiah 40:8

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
 Ron, can you bring one to KaZoo or Compton's. I hear what your saying, but I need to see it!  
I'll try to have one at Kalamazoo.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
As with any thing it is hard to get every thing you want in one package. I got one of these blind this year and used it for spring turkey and deer and antelope. I live out west where no matter what we usally have to walk quite aways so I wanted some thing light it fit that bill. I also wanted something that was easy to set up. Some times you have to run and bow and thats what I did 4 days ago and filled my deer tag. If I had something that took a long time to set up I could not have made a descision to move. I would think this is invalubale turke hunting. I also had to be able to shoot my bow with clearing it fits that bill. I to was concerned about the heavy gauge wire getting screwed up. It really is a none issue. if you bend on a little I just straighten it back. They don really pose a problem with stools or feet. Stools are another problem they either hurt your ass or weigh 100 lbs. Will this blind last me forever probably not. I am hard on stuff. But none of them will in my oppinion. But I am sure it will give me many years of service and I will get my money out of it. I hpe this helps Scott.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline BBWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
mt-dew10, I just bought this one this year and I shoot a 62" sitting down, plenty of room. It works good. I got it from Gander Mt It's a Big Mike made by Baronet .
Tomahawk SS 62" 52#
Dala 60" 50#

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
I have one and I like it. Like Ron said, I stopped looking when I found the hidden hunter. It is about the most comfortable way to hunt that I have found. I shoot a 60" recurve from it these days and I have plenty of room to spare.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
Thanks Ron. Joe, do you have any trouble turning for shots or do you set up to shoot one window only?

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »
If you set up to shoot one window you will narrow your chances. If you have your stool in a good location in the blind you will be able to adjust. I like the long (up and down) windows to be facing the areas most likely to be productive. I like to use the windows that are up and down the longest so I can easily adjust for elevation (close shoots or far Shoots). I feel the windows that are long left to right are more for gun hunters. Keep the windows behind you shut so it stays dark behind you to limit movement seen by game. If I need to look behind me I just crack the window a little. But do not limit yourself to one window you will be sorry.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
HELLO WICH SIZE DO YOU RECOMEND PLEASE , 5X5 OR 6X6 ?
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
I have the 6 x 6.  Great blind.  Easy to set up, doesn't collapse in the ice and snow and lots of room.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
Owlbait,
I only open the windows on one side so the deer can't see my outline. I don't have to swivel all that much -- but I have found that being able to quietly swivel is important. I have used a little wooden stool with a cloth on top of it so I could quietly swivel my butt. I have also used a quiet swivel chair with a back. With the chair I can take a nap if things are slow. Both work really well.

I am considering one of those swivel tops for a 5 gallon bucket. It would provide some storage for bottled water, etc.

If you get one, you will like it.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
How many of you Hidden Hunter users have got the shoot-thru mesh windows?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©