3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Legends Bows, new longbow -pics added  (Read 270 times)

Offline grayfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Legends Bows, new longbow -pics added
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
I just tried Mike Rash;s new prototype longbow.Really nice, very fast and very smooth.I was shooting tight groups right away.The bow was 48# and shot a 510 grain arrow at 180 FPS ,measured with my new 3rivers chronograph.The bow is a pleasure to shoot.He has been making great recurves and this is his first longbow.I think he is going to make a 62",a 64" and 66" shot. The bow I shot was 64" I want one !

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Legends Bows, new longbow -pics added
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »
Thanks Grayfeather,you lucked out, your the only one who has got a chance to shoot it other than me.I will be taking it this weekend for the two day shoot and let people play with it.Next week if i get a chance ill post some pic's.This prototype longbow dosnt have a name.Im going to let the gang name it.The winner of the name'n of this longbow will be the first one i mail it to for the pass around.Im making the pass around bow now.It will have more eye candy than the prototype.Stay tuned.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
Hey Mike....
    It's about time ya make a mans bow....
Do i need to come over and beat ya with your own longbow....?
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
I've been waiting on this  :)

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
Do you have pics please.

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
I told Mike 3 years ago that I wanted a long bow that equaled my recurve. I shot his prototype and was very impressed. I believe he has nailed the grip, and it preforms wonderful. I think he already has a list going just from the Orestimba archery shoot. Excellent bow Mike, When is mine going to be ready?

Another great thing is that I shot my same arrows from my recurve and it preformed great--no need to buy more arrows.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
What.... NO PICTURES????      :goldtooth:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
The winner of the name'n of this longbow will be the first one i mail it to for the pass around.Im making the pass around bow now. [/QB]
You think you'll have one at IBO worlds i can try Mike?  If not, i'd like to get on your pass around list.   :thumbsup:

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
Im going to get some pics up of the prototype very soon.Im building the pass around longbow now.I have 11 longbow orders as of now and the numbers are growing.If i would have had any idea this longbow would have came out this nice i would have built it years ago.I think any bowyer will agree,you can do the math,the theory,and still you have your fingers crossed that the first one will be close to target.I have never designed any bow i have built that didnt require a little tweek here and there to make it what i want.This long bow was right on the mark and then some.Very smooth out to my 30.5" draw.The prototype is 47# at my 30-5".I graphed my 510grn.arrow at 179 fps.Limbs are bamboo.Kirk,i can pass it to you and yes it will be at the IBO.Over 50 shooters shoot it last weekend at Orestimba's shoot in the two days.It was the rage and i took orders on it there.Mike,yes come up and shoot it.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Love the description, but pics worth a thousand words, LOL.

Offline RainyDayBows

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
I agree with the above comments this  bow is a pleasure to shoot.Mike just hit another home run.

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
I told Mike I would post some pics!!!!! hope this helps.

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
I shot this bow..and as greyfeather said,,tight groups the first try..Never felt a longbow as smooth or a direct point of aim...walked back and told him "Another winner"
smooth extra fast,,stable at its best...Cast that heavy arrow..shot heavy 2117's...And the groups,,like I owned that bow for along time.
Mike is known for his recurves. and they are hard to beat. But in almost 50yrs of shooting never have I shot any longbow that performed any better. And probally not many recurves either.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©