3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flemish string question  (Read 122 times)

Offline Flyboy718

• Trad Bowhunter
Flemish string question
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
I have built quite a few and they do just fine...I built one for my 64" Quinn Stallion tonight and I think it came out long.  I used the poorfolkbows flemish string jig...it is labeled by AMO bow length not by the string length.  So, I have had to twist this one up pretty good to get it to an 8" brace...my question is how much can you safely twist up a flemish twist string?  Is there a point where you can twist too much and risk popping the string?
Quinn Stallion Classic 40# @ 29"
Quinn Stallion 50# @ 28"
Quinn Comet XL 30# @ 28"

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flemish string question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
you can twist them quite a bit, you just have a bit more material than you need. if you are making your own, just shorten it a bit and make another  :)   it only costs pennies to do it yourself...mostly time....

Offline Flyboy718

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flemish string question
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Overspined:
you can twist them quite a bit, you just have a bit more material than you need. if you are making your own, just shorten it a bit and make another   :)    it only costs pennies to do it yourself...mostly time....
Thanks...I will make another tomorrow, going to try and make this one work though.  I used a brown/blue 14 strand B-50 and I have 4 twists(2 of each color) in an inch, how does that sound?
Quinn Stallion Classic 40# @ 29"
Quinn Stallion 50# @ 28"
Quinn Comet XL 30# @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©